Chapter 1

Jack

I lay on the top of the snow covered mountain, scanning the blanketed white horizon with pleasure.

I don't think anyone was expecting a blizzard in the middle of summer.

I smirk to myself before being thrown off the edge of the cliff by a strong gust of wind. I jerk upright, trying to gain control only to find myself unable to calm the elements. My vision whips up to the moon and I lower my eyes seconds later, knowing this was the Man on the Moon's work. The first time he's spoken to me in decades and he just throws me at a building. I slam into the window of a tower, falling to the ground and exhaling sharply due to the wind being knocked out of me.

I look up after regaining my bearings, steadying the doubled letters that read "Calyx Camp for the Gifted Entrance". It's some sort of camp? Why did I get shoved here? I stand and brush myself off before getting knocked over again, but this time by a person.

"Oh, sorry!" Comes an interesting voice. I look up and see a guy about my age. He was shorter than me by a little and had soft green eyes that do not at all match his strange Viking-like attire.

"It's fine, man." I smile at him and he does as well, seeming relieved that I wasn't upset or hurt. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"I need to sign in. Camp starts tomorrow and I haven't gotten a cabin assignment or company yet. Is that where you're headed too?" he asks me and I think for a moment.

"Yes." A voice says and it takes me a few seconds to identify it as my own. I glance at the moon and find that it must have been his influence that caused me to unconsciously reply. I guess I'm going to camp now? I'm literally over 300 years old and I'm going to a summer camp.

"I'm Hiccup, by the way." he seems to be toying with his belt casually, but it looks more like he's just anxious.

"Jack. Jack Frost." I introduce myself and my name casts an unbelieving gape across his face.

"You're the Jack Frost?" He questions and I nod, rubbing the back of my neck and chuckling softly. When he finally pulls himself back together we walk into the building and head straight for the front desk. The sign in process is long and incredibly boring, seeing as I hadn't prepared for this at all. Luckily, there was two spots open left in a boys cabin. We made our way through the main office, down a large corridor, and through the large doors that they directed us too. After that short way, I had learned Hiccup's entire life story almost.

He lived on some Viking island, which explains his strange clothing. His whole childhood was spent as an outcast, until one day he caught a Nightfury (which I assumed is a big deal but he didn't explain much more, probably thinking I knew what he was talking about). It wasn't until he was halfway through the story that I realized he was talking about dragons. He had saved his whole village and tamed practically every dragon to be their modes of transportation and pets.

I didn't get to explain my story in as much detail, because just as I reached the part when I first met Tooth, we had arrived at our destination. The huge door loomed over us and we opened it slowly to see moonlight pouring through it, almost as if it's another dimension...

"What is this place?" I gasp and Hiccup smiles.

"It's Aora." He answers in awe. "You've never heard of it? I thought you've been planning on coming to camp here; didn't you know about this place?"

"No," I shake my head. We step through the door and walk along the long pathway through the mystic trees. We pass what I guess is main camp until we find a row of cabins which is the boys dorms, apparently, and we find ours with ease.