Chapter 14

((Shit is happening :D ))

~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~~

That night I didn't sleep. Despite the exhaustion that tugged my eyelids down I didn't, I couldn't. Too much shit is happening, and I feel like I'm drowning...

By the time morning came around, I felt nearly dead.

I walk into my office groggily, only to be met by the cheery grin of Amy. I narrow my eyes in question.

"Good morning, Mark!"

Her voice is almost grating against my tired brain, but I give a small smile.

"Jeezus... You look exhausted, how much sleep did you get...?"

None...

I respond in my head.

"A few hours... Just... Think I'm getting sick is all."

She studies me for another minute, before flashing her teeth once again.

"How's your head?"

"Fine..."

I mutter in response a part of me wishing she'd leave. I'd stopped wearing the bandage, I wore them for a full couple weeks, afraid of looking suspicious. No one can heal that fast, not anyone human that is...

"So I was wondering..."

She pulls me from my thoughts. I raise an eyebrow, watching her grow almost anxious.

"Would you maybe want to go out? Maybe get dinner sometime?"

I narrow my eyes. Seriously? I always noticed the flirty gestures, but I suppose I didn't really read much into it. I open my mouth to refuse, but she looks so expectant, so nervous. My mouth moves on its own.

"Sure..."

I watch her eyes light up, and a new smile to spread across her small face. She nods quickly and turns.

"Great! We'll figure out a time, I'll let you get to work! See ya around, Marky."

She walks out, and I finally turn, watching her walk around Jack who stood in the doorway, and orderly behind him boredly. Jack's eyes bore into me almost accusingly. I simply sigh and sit down, gesturing him in. I hear the door close, and soon he walks and sits down.

~~~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~~

"Would you maybe want to go out? Get dinner some time?"

I almost scoff in the doorway. It's clear Mark isn't into her like that. I stay silent, waiting for him to reject her, almost excited to see it for whatever reason.. A moment of silence passes.

"Sure."

I feel my eyes widen slightly, chest tightening painfully. He said yes?

Why do I care? I shouldn't care, he's just a doctor...Not even a good one... I don't care.

The girl, Amy if I remember correctly, pushes past me, I shoot her a glare, following her angrily until she disappears around the corner... Soon Mark gestures me in, from the chair he'd sat in and I walk in, hearing the door close behind me.