Chapter 16

((Hey sorry this took so long :) ))

I continue to study him, even now as we sit across from each other. He kept his eyes off of me, on the burger he held in his hands.

He was almost finished with it, I had finished mine within minutes, I haven't had food that good in a long time.

Every time Mark looked at me, I could see the guilt shine in his eyes. He was already regretting this... That much I know...

I honestly didn't expect him to help me... Hell I expected him to leave me to rot, move towns, do something besides actually agree. But here I am... Feeling almost normal again.

"Ready to go? We can find you some new clothes..."

I shake out of my thoughts, finally noticing he had stood up, having been lost in my mind. I nod, slowly standing as well, following him out the door.

We agreed I needed clothing of my own, I didn't want to have to wear baggy sweatpants all the time. However, who knew how long it'd take for someone to notice I was gone. And once they notice it'll be all over the news.

So, the sooner the better.

Despite how happy I am to be out... Something just seems wrong. It was too easy... Anti is too quiet... Everything is too normal...

And I hate it...

~~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~~

Finally he'd stopped watching me, distracted by the clothing he sorted through. I follow after him quietly, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

I don't' know why I worry, and I'm not sure whether I worry for Sean's safety or those around us... Sean wasn't crazy, not when he was first admitted, but spending all that time there. He certainly isn't normal, not anymore.

I constantly thought back to his file, the old picture it contained. He had looked so young, so bright eyed, so hopeful... Much different than the man I had invited into my house, the man who I had to tiptoe around simply to avoid angering him.

I let a sigh escape me as he weaves through the racks, picking up a few shirts here and there to go along with the jeans he'd grabbed.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. Once they realize he's missing, I'm probably the first person they'll go to... How am I going to hide him...?

"Hello? Earth to Mark?"

I come out of my thoughts to a pale hand waving in front of my face. Sean pouts once he notices he caught my attention.

"Jeezus finally, you ready to go or what?"

I blink a few times, pushing the thoughts away for now, and nod.

"Yah... yah... Let's go..."

~~~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~~

I smile, looking at myself in the mirror, giving myself one last turn. It's good to feel normal. I had yet to thank Mark for buying me the clothing, but he didn't seem to mind, if he did he didn't show it.