Chapter 32

((Hey guys sorry this took so long. I was planning to update it last week, but then the sickness hit me again full force :/ but i'm back now and hopefully better! As an apology I tried to make this chapter longer, and added a bit of backstory :) If it's a little confusing now I apologize, it will be explained better in a future chapter. So anyhow onto the story! ))

~~~~~Anti's POV~~~~~

That smile curling onto his lips, I want to claw it off... The way his eyes alight with enjoyment, as though this was some game, I feel my teeth grind, vision glowing a bright hue of green.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

The words come out merely a hiss, drenched in a venom I'd never heard from myself. A new darkness overtakes me, and for a moment I think I'll truly lunge at him, tear that damned grin off of his cheeks for good.

His eyebrow raises, head tilting as though in contemplation, as though my words came out in a foreign language that he had to decipher. That self-assured smile remains however, silently insulting me without a negative word spoken.

"I helped..."

He speaks matter-of-factly, as though it was entirely my fault for not understanding.

"You clearly weren't going to do anything..."

I let the words travel right over my head as the green slowly creeped around my vision, a gentle anger urging me forward to hurt the man in front of me. Yet I don't, silently telling myself to be the bigger man here, despite how much I want to rip that tongue from his mouth, stop his words of condescension through blood instead.

"You're going to traumatize him! Have you seen how unstable this human is!? Are you trying to kill him?"

I manage to keep a bit of my cool as the words escape me. Keeping the surge of rage back by merely a hair. Those red eyes soften, ever so gently for a second only to harden once again, so quick I can't be sure it was really ever there at all.

"Look, I was just trying to help... I'm sure you don't want to go back to that place, Anti..."

The arrogant grin finally drops from his lips, façade fading away within seconds to that caring man I'd once fell for. I feel disgust claw at my stomach as I push past him.

"I don't need your help..."

The words, merely a whisper, contain ever drop of hatred I felt, every sickening memory resting at the back of my mind. I hear him follow me as I walk out, eyes roaming the body with an internal sigh. Where the hell am I going to hide this...?

"Anti..."

I act as though unable to hear him, feeling that same repulsion claw upwards.

"Look we have the same goal here... We can work together... Like old times...."

That's when I freeze, that's when I feel my temper rise, I see the same green throb at the corners of my vision and I turn with a visible sneer, meeting those gentle red eyes, which hardly flinched.

"Old times? Old times!?"

I pivot on my heel storming forward so we stood nose to nose, I could feel his breathing hitch a new almost apology shining in those eyes.

"You mean the times you beat me? Or maybe the time you killed my vessel, leaving me to take blame!? Or is it the time you left me to rot, left me to deal with the punishment all on my own, when I trusted you to help me!!?? Don't act as though you're some good guy, you've been nothing but a thorn in my as-"