Chapter 41

((Hey guys sorry this took a bit. I had a massive test to focus on and didn't' get time to write it. Anyway, enjoy! :D ))

~~~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~~

I felt the beat of his heart, the warmth of his breath, and the bittersweet taste of his lips. I felt Anti's chest swell with longing for a mere second, before being replaced with something darker, something cold. It caused his mind to blacken, it caused a foreign shade of green to cross his vision before that too went dark.

The beat of his heart slowed growing to a loud drumming as to signal an ever-coming war. His warm breath grew icy, catching in his throat as to suffocate, and rip any remaining life away. The bittersweet taste of his lips, similar to that of black licorice, fades away to one of copper. A bloody taste that causes my stomach to lurch with a sickness that made every muscle in my body ache dejectedly.

I watch his body slump to the floor, red dissipating to a hollow black in his eyes, any bits of life leaving once he hit the tiled ground.

That's when I again push for control.

I pull ahead rather quickly, Anti lost in the moment pulls back to my mind, yet I still feel his presence with the same intensity I would if he were to fight for control. I felt the power when Dark began to fade away, I felt the sting of that green light on his... my... palm.

It hurt, and yet for a second I felt unstoppable, I didn't want it to stop. I don't know if that was truly me or the demon in my head.

Pushing away these thoughts, and ignoring the throbbing in my head to the best of my ability, I kneel down pushing over the lifeless form as to see his face. His normally caramel colored skin looks almost gray, giving him the appearance of a carcass, his eyes closed peacefully, yet I can still almost see the blackness that had coated them moments before.

The only sign of life is the slight rise and fall of his chest, though it was so shallow I almost doubt really seeing it at all. Just as I began to consider calling an ambulance, despite the risk of me getting thrown back into the madhouse, his eyes open.

I watch him blink a few times, the inky blackness that took up the majority of his eyes slowly retreating back into the pupil, I'm silently thankful when, after a minutes wait, a pair of chocolate brown eyes stare back at me. Confusion evident in his gaze before he even managed to speak.

I feel a relieved breath leave me, and without thinking I let myself lean forward falling into his chest just as he sat up, almost knocking him down in the process. He takes a second before I feel his arm snake around me, hand resting on the small of my back.

"What...?"

He manages the one word, his voice croaky as if he'd been passed out for hours rather than a couple minutes.

"I don't know..."

I respond to his unfinished question honestly. I have no fucking idea what happened. One moment the two were making up, Anti was forgiving him, and then...

"Is Dark okay?"

The question surprises me for a second. However remembering the agonizing pain I saw in his crimson eyes scared me, I can still see it every time my eyelids drop. Mark looks at me for a second, eyes softening ever so slightly.

He stays quiet for a moment, it almost seems like he searches through his own mind, a glint of confusion in his eyes tells me he found nothing.

"He... He's not here..."