Chapter 34

((Can we all take a moment to appreciate this picture ^^^^ Credit to the artist, I couldn't find their name :3))

As the knife ripped free of the mattress, taking a few chunks of padding out with it, I feel control return to me, even if only a little. Enough to release the iron grip on the blade and let it clang to the hard floor beneath me.

Green continues to try and overtake my vision, control fluctuates in and out as Anti's anger grows. The animalistic fury is terrifying, I've felt him angry before, beyond angry even, but this... The only thing on his mind was revenge, cold vengeance he'd waited so long to enact.

The form on the bed stirs, until sitting up entirely, a cloud of exhaustion hanging over his eyes before he notices me. Concern dances into those brown eyes, a small tint of almost fear as he looks into my ever-changing eyes.

Green. Blue. Green. Blue.

Without seeing myself I could feel the change, feel the burning green take over just to recede once more.

"Anti! Enough!"

Finally I manage to shout the words, a sense of determination slinking through me, along with that same vengeful rage, before it finally recedes along with the green at the corners of my vision. Leaving an agonizing exhaustion in its wake.

My legs wobble before giving out entirely, before I can hit the ground I feel a pair of strong hands grab onto me pulling me onto the mattress. The room spins around me, nausea tugging at my stomach. The sudden disappearance of Anti sent me into a phase, I blink away the fog that covered my eyes, feeling Mark's hand tenderly trace circles into my back.

I could almost see his eyes move to where the knife was dropped, still only a foot or two away from me. I felt a slight nudge against my skull every time I let my eyes move to it, even for a moment.

As the nausea passed, and I felt my body steady, Mark speaks.

"Are you alright? What the hell happened?"

I take a minute, then another before I finally feel the tightness in my throat disappear, and words to process through my mind.

"He... He wanted revenge..."

Mark's eyes narrow in a troubled curiosity, but those were the only words I could get to come out. A sense of fear, dread rocketed through me, each thought a jumbled mess of confusion within my head.

The man beside me must notice my hesitance, or perhaps even the dreadful way I lowered my head, as he stays quiet, continuing to rub gentle circles onto the fabric of my shirt. I resist the urge to fall backward into his arms, let him hold me.

As much as I want to let him make everything okay, I don't want to piss off Dark again... The bruise still a reminder on my arm of what could happen. I may be able to handle Anti being angry, a bit anyhow, at least I know he won't kill me. He doesn't want to go back to that place, that much is obvious.

Dark however... He has no real reason to keep me alive. If I piss him off, hell even if Anti pisses him off again, it might cost my life. It would hurt both Mark and Anti in a mental sense, that's all he seems to want... And I can't let that happen...

So for now... I need to distance myself. A part of my mind tells me to get up now, to walk away, but I needed some type of comfort, and Mark was right here.... He's all I have...

I've lost everything, all because of this demon... My girlfriend, my friends, my life, family... My mind... I have nothing, nothing but Mark, and even him I need to distance myself from...