p r o l o g u e

{ Dangerous, yet beautiful }

[ Philophobia, the fear of falling in love. ]

"Have you heard about the new student who just transferred to our university?", your friend, Yerin nudged you while you were focusing on reading a book in the library.

"Hmm? No. Why?", you said as your eyes never left the book you were reading.

"His name is Kim Taehyung. I heard he's nothing but trouble.", she said and you just nodded at her statement.

"Ya, Kang Minhee! At least act a little bit interested when someone's talking to you, you know?", she pouted and you glanced up to meet her eyes.

"I am listening to you", you said and she rolled her eyes at you as her eyes trailed down to her wristwatch.

"Oh. Our classes are going to start soon. Shall we get going?", she suggested and you agreed.

Just like that, the two of you headed out of the library. And something clicked in your mind.

"Ah! You get going first. Let me go grab a cup of black coffee fast so that I won't fall asleep in class", you ran off the scene before she could say anything.

You made your way to the vending machine which is next to the entrance of the university hall. You inserted the amount of coins required and waited for the black coffee can to come out of the machine.

But, it didn't.

"Aish! What's wrong with this?!", you kept pressing the same button for several times desperately.

"Move", you heard a deep voice and as you turned around, you saw a side profile of an unfamiliar guy under his hoodie.

You saw that guy kicked the vending machine real hard with his muscular leg, making you gawked at his actions in awe.

He then bent down and took something out of the machine as he finally turned to face you.

His dark hair hung in his eyes, loosely framing his face. He made no effort to move his bangs, and instead smoldered at you from under them with his glinting, dark brown eyes. Although his expression did not change, his arrogant half-smirk and the taunting look in his eyes completed his 'dangerous' look.

You knew that he was dangerous.

"Here", he threw a can at you and you were able to catch it successfully.

"Kim Taehyung! What are you doing there?!", you heard a loud voice and not from afar, you saw a bunch of guys eying at your direction.

He ran his fingers through his hair and licked his bottom lip. You were observing every little actions he does.

 You were observing every little actions he does

You couldn't take your eyes off him.

He was beyond beautiful.

He looked at you one last time with that playful smirk on his face and walked away, leaving you dumbfounded.

But, what was all that?