37

[ a/n: i am honestly so sad and frustrated these days. i thot i'd be fine cause i don't usually care and i am literally a forking happy ball, not even slightly close to negative emotions. ]

• • •

{ Sleeping Beauty }

"It's not enough for me!", you shouted and his eyes widened.

"I still love you, Taehyung...", your voice softened as you stared at the man infront of you.

"All these five years, I had been waiting for you... together with your daughter"

Your breath hitched as you were staring at the man infront of you. You clutched onto the hem of his shirt, before you hit his chest.

"You said you wouldn't hurt me but now, what is this?", you said as tears streamed down your cheeks.

You hit his chest again as you softly let out, "I am lost without you..."

You hit his chest again as you faced down, "I am soulless—" You choked on your tears before hitting him again.

"A drifter without a home, a solitary bird in a flight to nowhere", you let out before facing him up again, staring straight into his teary dark brown orbs.

"I am all these things and I am nothing at all... This, Taehyung, is my life without you. I long for you to show me how to live again...", you finished off your sentence and he pulled you into his embrace, hugging you tightly.

All his emotions were poured out as he was crying as well. You could feel your shoulder slightly getting wet as his breath fanned against your neck.

His soft muffled cries could only be heard in this lifeless dimmed hallway of the condominium.

"God, it's so hard for me to put you into words because I love you in ways that I have never loved anyone else", his words made a small satisfied smile crept onto your lips.

"Me too..."

. . .

After a very emotional reunion, you escorted Taehyung inside your apartment to see Seokjin reading a storybook to Byeol as the two of them sat on the couch.

Hearing the faint footsteps, they looked up in unison to see you and Taehyung holding hands. Of course, without a question, Byeol started to question.

"Mommy, why are you holding that uncle's hand?", her eyes landed on the intertwined fingers. "Byeol...", you lost your words as you weren't ready to shove the truth at your five-year old daughter, who  was always convinced that Seokjin is her only father.

The atmosphere was too tensed that you almost couldn't breathe. Taehyung tightened your intertwined fingers, giving you an assured look that everything is going to be alright. You returned a faint smile at him.

You gathered up courage as you decided to speak up. "Byeol—"

"Princess Byeol, it's time for you to return your real home", Seokjin's words earned confused looks from both you and Taehyung.

"What do you mean, daddy?", the little one asked as she stared up at the tall figure beside her. "Didn't I always tell you that I am more like the three fairies in Sleeping beauty, preventing you from all the harms but one day, you will have to return to your real home as a princess?", Seokjin said, giving her a knowing smile.

Their gazes locked, before Byeol's gaze shifted to where Taehyung was. She was staring at him with wide round eyes. The room was filled with deafening silence as Taehyung and Byeol were staring into each other's eyes intensely.

"Are you my real father?", her soft little voice perked up in the room, earning widened eyes from the two adults standing across her.

. . .

One year ago,

"Daddy! Read me my Sleeping Beauty!", Byeol requested to Seokjin, wanting him to read her favorite bedtime story again.

"Again?!", Seokjin made a face and Byeol nodded with a sheepish grin, earning a sigh from the elder. Seokjin rolled his eyes humorously, getting ready to talk.

No, he didn't have to take the storybook from the shelf again because he could actually memorize everything already, speaking of experiences.

He started saying the story and Byeol listened to the man's soothing voice as she clutched her small little hands onto the hem of her unicorns-printed blanket.

As the story ended, Seokjin checked Byeol's status but to his surprise, her eyes were as wide as an eagle's. He groaned in frustration, "Why don't you even look the slightest bit to sleepiness?"

"I am just wondering...", she answered, earning an unreadable look from him. "Oh ho. What is my cute little daughter thinking?", Seokjin questioned.

"I was wondering if I have a hidden family whom were kept as a secret for my well-being, like princess Aurora", she spoke.

'Hidden family, huh?", Seokjin thought to himself.

"Daddy?", her voice snapped Seokjin out of his trance. "Yeah?", he responded.

"I don't have something like that, do I?", she questioned with her fluttering eyes.

The silence between them felt like a century.

"Maybe...", Seokjin trailed off, leaving the little girl in confusion.

"But for you to know, I am more like the three fairies whom act like a parent material and protect you from the witch", he continued with a smile.

'Witch as in people and the society who would criticize Byeol as a fatherless child', he kept his thoughts to himself.

All these years, he signed a marriage contract with you, also acting as Byeol's father as well and of course, your husband for the sake of Byeol and you.

That's how much he loves you.

And he still does...

"Eh? So, I actually have another real father?", she asked nonchalantly.

"Maybe", Seokjin flashed a smile as he ran his fingers through Byeol's soft hair, gently.

"Really?! Tell me more about it!", she said, along with a yawn at the end of her request, causing Seokjin to chuckle.

"Maybe some other day, lovely. Now, you should sleep. Good night", he pecked Byeol's forehead, before switching off the lights, exiting her bedroom.

• • •

[ a/n: does this whole thing makes sense? ;-; ]