OUR LIFE

1 YEAR LATER
Alison's POV
-GOOD MORNING PRINCESS Emily says, waking me up by gently tapping the tip of my nose.
Opening my eyes I see her sitting on the edge of the bed staring down at me.
-GOOD MORNING I respond while rubbing my eyes and sitting up.
-DO YOU FEEL BETTER? Emily questions me as she runs her fingers through my wild hair.
Emily and I went out to an expensive restaurant for a date night the other day.
I ordered the salmon and I'm guessing it was no good because I had food poisoning.
After puking everywhere Em helped me get cleaned off and put me in bed making sure to check on me and bring me soup.
-MHM I hum leaning into her and cuddling my head in the crook of her neck.
-WHAT ARE YOU DOING? She curiously asks laughing a tad.
-YOU'RE WARM I inform her. I LOVE CUDDLING WITH YOU.
-WELL IN THAT CASE Emily quips throwing her leg over me and lying her head on my chest while straddling me.
-THIS ISN'T CUDDLING I laugh. ITS UNCOMFORTABLE.
-IS NOT Emily mumbles into my shoulder.
-IS TOO I say patting her butt for her to lift up. WHERE'S ARIN? I ask her.
Arin just turned two years old and Emily just turned twenty.
My birthday was months before theirs.
I'm only nineteen.
-RIGHT THERE she says pointing to the floor.
As we get up I crawl to the end of the bed to see Arin watching tv on the floor.
-HEY BABY I say causing him to look up at me with his pacifier in his mouth.

-MOMMY Arin mumbles through his binky.
He loves that thing so much that when I try to take it from him as he sleeps he starts crying.
-WANNA COME UP HERE WITH US? I ask holding my arms out for him.
He nods his head and stands himself up, allowing me to pull him on the bed with me and Emily.
Once he's up here he crawls up to Emily and lays his head on her stomach.
-C'MON Emily says extending her arm for me to come lie beside her and Arin.
A light but wholehearted smile comes to my face as I lay next to the both of them.
-I LOVE OUR LIFE I mumble as we watch cartoons with Arin.
...
-WANT BREAKFAST? Emily questions me now sitting up.
-SINCE I HAVE TO GET UP SOON AND TAKE ARIN TO DAYCARE THEN GO TO WORK, YEAH THAT WOULD BE NICE I tell her.
-ALRIGHT she quips leaning down to kiss my lips. I'LL GO TO THE BREW TO GET IT, I DON'T FEEL LIKE COOKING she laughs standing up.
-MOM TISS Arin speaks, taking his pacifier from his mouth for Emily to give him a kiss too.
He started calling her mom a while before their birthday but I don't mind.
-SORRY BUDDY Emily says picking him up in her arms. CANT FORGET ABOUT YOU she adds giving him a kiss on his nose making him giggle.
She then leaves out the room and I hear the downstairs door open and close again.
-LETS GET READY BEFORE MOM GETS BACK WITH OUR FOOD I say putting my hands up in a claw motion to tickle him.
He begins to laugh uncontrollably and I smile at him.
-I LOVE YOU KID I tell him giving him kisses all over his face.
Emily's POV
On my way back home from The Brew I see Ava through the window of a fertility clinic.
-AVA I say walking inside catching her attention. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I ask.
-OH I HAD TO DROP SOMETHING OFF FOR RACHEL AND FINN she tells me but I can tell she's lying.
-DON'T LIE TO ME AVA I glumly quip. WHAT'S GOING ON? I ask. I CAN SEE THE TEARS IN YOUR EYES.
Ava then looks at me and sits me down with her.
-I CANT HAVE KIDS she mumbles. WHEN I GRADUATED I KEPT TRYING BUT NOTHING EVER HAPPENED Ava tells me.
-ARE YOU SURE? I ask.
-YEAH she says beginning to sniffle from crying. I WANT A BABY EMILY she says. I DON'T WANNA BE LONELY FOREVER.
-AV ITS ALWAYS OTHER WAYS I inform her. YOU COULD ADOPT OR GET A SURROGATE I say giving her a hopeful smile.
-ITS NOT THE SAME, I WANT MY OWN BABY Ava cries. I WANNA BE ABLE TO EXPERIENCE THE WHOLE THING NOT JUST SOMEONE HAVING A BABY FOR ME AND HANDING IT OVER.
-WE'LL FIGURE THIS OUT I say wrapping my arms around my sister as she cries into my shoulder.
Though Ava's my older sister and we've lived in the same house for sixteen years, I've never once in my life seen her so vulnerable.
In fact I've never seen her cry.
She always thought crying was for the weak.
Now that I think about it, She's a lot like Alison.
Once she's done crying and finishes her business at the clinic I help her to her car before getting in my own and heading back home.
-ALI, ARIN! I call out now that I'm in the house.
-WE'RE IN THE DEN! I hear Alison shout in response.
Walking in there I see Arin turn to look at me while sitting on the couch.

He starts bouncing up and down in his seat, lifting his arms up as if he's happy to see me

I pick him up and place him on my side as I walk over to Alison.
-WHATCHA DOING? I ask walking up behind her to look over her shoulder.
-REVIEWING MY PAPER ONE MORE TIME BEFORE I HAND IT IN she states.
-BABE, THE PAPER IS GREAT I say. YOU READ IT TO ME SIX TIMES I laugh. YOU'LL BE FINE I add smooching her perfect heart shaped lips. NOW COME EAT I quip.
We all go into the dining room to take our seats and eat our breakfast.
-IS IT GOOD BABY? Alison questions Arin seeing that he has food all over his face.
-MMMM Arin hums with a full mouth.
-YOU'RE SO GREEDY I say poking his chubby leg making him laugh.

Once we're done eating Ali lets Arin take a quick nap before taking him to daycare

Watching him sleep I begin to think about Ava.
-LIFE'S NOT FAIR I mutter while shaking my head.
-OKAY, HOW ABOUT WE SKIP THE PART WHERE I TRY AND FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND YOU JUST TELL ME Alison says sitting on my lap and pushing loose strands from my ponytail behind my ear.
-AVA CANT HAVE KIDS I confess to her.
-SERIOUSLY? Alison questions with so much sympathy.
-YEAH SHE JUST TOLD ME I tell her. I'VE NEVER SEEN HER LIKE SHE WAS TODAY, AND I DON'T EVER WANNA SEE HER LIKE THAT AGAIN I add.
-SO WHAT DO YOU WANNA DO? Alison asks me.
-IM GONNA DONATE MY EGGS TO AVA I say.

To be Continued...
Em's gonna give her sister her eggs 🤰
How will Ali feel? 🤔
Emison is fucking adorable ❤️
Enjoy 😊
-D