EMILY TO THE RESCUE

1 WEEK LATER
Emily's POV
As I explore through the halls of Hollis College I see Alison begging her professor.
-IM SORRY MISS DILAURENTIS the man says. THATS THE FINAL DAY he adds before closing his door on her.
-FUCK! Alison yells sitting down on the chair outside his office crying.
-ALI, WHAT'S WRONG? I ask walking over to her.
-I HAVE FINALS TOMORROW AND ARIEL AND ARIN HAS AN APPOINTMENT TO GET THEIR SHOTS TOMORROW she tells me. I TRIED TO RESCHEDULE FOR THE EXAM BUT HE WONT BUDGE she sighs. IM GONNA FAIL she adds.
-I CAN TAKE THEM I tell her.
-EMILY I CANT ASK YOU TO DO THAT...
-WHY NOT? THEY'RE MY KIDS TOO I state.
-IM GONNA FAIL Alison starts to cry. I FAIL AT EVERYTHING.
-ALI, YOU'RE NOT GONNA FAIL I assure her while placing my hand on top of hers.

-LET ME DO THIS FOR YOU I beg her. IM NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER ALI I say. I WONT LET YOU DO THIS ON YOUR OWN ANYMORE I add causing her to look over at me.
Stuck in the moment of admiration I stare into her full blue orbs as she gazes into my soft brown ones.
-FINE Alison says removing her hand from underneath mine. BE AT THE HOUSE AT SIX TOMORROW MORNING she says while standing up and walking away.
__________________________
THE NEXT MORNING
-GOOD MORNING I whisper.
-GOOD MORNING Alison whispers back trying not to wake the kids yet.
I slowly take my shoes off at the door and tip toe up the stairs after Alison.
-THEY SHOULD BE UP AROUND EIGHT she tells me. I HAVE THEM ON A TIMED SLEEP SCHED...
-I REMEMBER I inform her.
She used to time when Arin would wake up, take his nap and go to bed.
It was a pretty good schedule.
-OKAY Alison yawns. I PROBABLY WONT BE BACK UNTIL TEN-ISH she moves her hand trying to estimate the time.
-ITS OKAY I tell her. HAVE A GOOD DAY I quip.
As we get ready to hug Alison realizes what she's doing and walks out the door instead into the blue dawns morning.
I watch until she pulls off in her car before starting breakfast for the kids.
Finishing up on the food I look down at my phone for the time.
Noticing how late it is I place the food on plates before going upstairs to wake them.
Since it's six minutes left until they're supposed to wake up I watch them sleep peacefully.
I smile at the way Arin's stretched out prior to looking over Ariel.
I can't believe I missed my own daughters birth.
And Ali's whole pregnancy.
While thinking, Arin starts to wake up on his own.
-MOM he mumbles, climbing out of bed to hug my legs.
-HEY BUDDY I say lifting him up in my arms. LETS WAKE ARIEL I say to him.
We both wake the baby and begin our day.
After getting them cleaned up I take them downstairs to eat.
I slice up Arin's waffles and hotdogs so he can chew them.
Since he was a baby he's had a thing for hotdogs with his breakfast.
Whether it be pancakes, waffles or French toast he has to have his hotdogs with it.
While he eats in his high chair I cradle Ariel in my arms as she drinks her milk that Alison pumped for her this morning.
Once they're done with that I clean up some.
-OKAY I exclaim. ITS GONNA BE A GOOD DAY I enthusiastically say to them.
12 + HOURS LATER
Alison's POV
After taking two exams I sluggishly walk out to my car to head home.
I finally reach home after a two hour drive from the college.
Walking in the house i notice that all of the lights are off.
Since it's late I figure that the kids are asleep.
Emily on the other hand, Emily is probably upstairs watching Orange is The New Black or some sort of cartoons.
She's always been a big kid.
-EMILY? I lowly call out as I walk into the bedroom.
I checked the kids rooms but they weren't in there so I'm guessing they're with Emily.
Now in the room I see Emily, Arin and Ariel asleep in my bed.
Trying to be as careful as possible I slowly sit down on the bed to remove my shoes, waking Emily up anyway.
-ALISON? she tiredly asks with her raspy sleep voice. SORRY she apologizes. WE FELL ASLEEP, I'LL LEAVE NOW she says trying to get up.
As she tries to take Ariel off of her chest and lay her down she starts to cry.
-CRAP Emily curses herself.
-SHE WANTS YOU TO STAY I inform her.
-NO she shakes her head. I SHOULD GET GOING she disagrees.
-JUST GO BACK TO BED, EMILY I tell her. FROM EXPERIENCE SHE'S STUBBORN AS HELL AND SHE'S NOT GONNA LET GO OF YOU I add making her chuckle.
-OKAY Emily quips.
She then pulls out her phone and snaps a picture of Ariel lying across her chest.

How she sleeps not even caring that she's kinda heavy 😂 💞 #Ariel-NIGHT I quip after laughing at her caption

-NIGHT I quip after laughing at her caption.
-NIGHT ALI Emily says as I hit the lights.
Finally lying down I begin to doze off until Emily calls me.
-ALI she calls.
Tiredly turning around I see her eyes flicker back and forth from my eyes to my lips.
With all of the courage inside of her Emily carefully leans over with Ariel still on her and kisses me.
-GOODNIGHT she says once more.
I turn back around to cuddle Arin with a smile on my face.
-GOODNIGHT I whisper before falling asleep.

What is happening? 🤔
Emily's a good mom 💞
Enjoy 😊
-D