ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ.

Shay💚

Our power was off AGAIN. My mommy said she was gone pay it, but the rent was due at the same time. It was like every week we had to go without something because we couldn't afford to pay all the bills. I couldn't do my homework in the dark and using my phones light wasn't working at all, guess I'll just have to do it before class tomorrow.

I sighed as I laid down on my bed. This was not the life we was supposed to be living. I knew God had something better in store for us. I knew I had to find some way to help my mama out.

"Shay, I'm hungry." my sister Shana came into the room we shared together. I had 3 brothers and one sister. It was my brother Saint Jr. Me, Shana, and my younger brothers, Kash and Kaleb they were twins.

They names didn't start with an S because they didn't have the same daddy as me, Saint and Shana. Saint Jr was twenty-four, I was eighteen, Shana was thirteen and Kash and Kaleb were five.

Our daddy was locked up right now doing time for drugs. He said he was coming home soon, but I think he was just telling us what we wanted to hear at this point.

He always told us "I'll be home soon," that's all we keep hearing was soon. I didn't know what to believe at this point.

Kash and Kaleb daddy was somewhere around these Memphis streets. He barely took care of his responsibilities. I will never respect a nigga who can't take care of his seeds. I wish my mommy would've never dealt with him, but then Kash and Kaleb wouldn't be here.

"I'll go get y'all something. You gone watch Kash and Kaleb for me?" I asked as I put my shoes on.

"Yeah I will." She stated smiling. I loved my brothers and sister. They were my world including my mama. I knew I had to do some fast to help my mama around this house.

Even though Saint was out helping her. One more extra hand couldn't hurt. Maybe it will make a difference.

Shay had a hustler's mentality. Her daddy was a big time drug dealer before he got locked up for being too flashy and making dumb moves. Putting her mother in a tough spot to raise three children. Shay got her hustlers mentality from both of her parents. Shay was going to make something out of nothing, and she was gone put her family back on. And in a better position. She hated living like this, some days they had no lights and even had to take cold showers but Shay mommy was out trying to put her family in a better position herself. She was working job after job to make sure her kids had something.

Shay was doing hair at school at one point of time, until some lame hoe told on her and the principal told her she would be expelled if she continued.

Shay was born La'Shay Monae Green she was born premature. She was so small and red. Her mother and father was scared that their daughter wasn't going to make it. Coming two months before her due date, they never knew why she came so early and the doctors couldn't even tell them, they claimed it was due to stress. Her parents just chalked it up as her wanting to come into the world early and be nosey. Shay was a daddy's girl from the beginning. He always had her, from picking her up, carrying her around and even waking her up from her sleep when she was a baby.

He knew his daughter was tired of him but every time he woke her up she would give him a big gummy smile. Shay loved her daddy no doubt. She was always under him, watching him do everything, and he taught her everything she needed to know about life itself. She was always in the passenger side riding around the hood with him.

Shay was never a big girl, she was always small and frail from birth even at eighteen her smallness stood. She had picked up some meat on her bones but was still skinny nonetheless. Shay always had the face to make up for her slender frame. Her smooth clear brown skin was always moisturized to perfection. Her wide nose fit her long face flawlessly. Her pouty lips were an added bonus. Her light brown eyes were the prefect addition to her already pretty face. Hypnotizing everyone who came in contact with them, and the long eyelashes that she always seemed to wear were a plus to her gorgeous face. Shay had tattoos that were inked across both of her arms, hands, and stomach. She loved getting tattoos because she loved to express herself.