sᴇᴠᴇɴ.

Keysha💛

I was sitting on my bed polishing my toes. My music was blasting and I was just in a chill ass mood. My daddy had got called into work, thank God! I was glad because I really didn't want to deal with him this Saturday.

I was bored as fuck on this Saturday afternoon. I had the house to myself. I wanted to go to the mall just to look around but I didn't really feel like taking the bus. "Damn I wish I had a car," I thought.

I haven't talked to my girls in a minute. I wanted to see if they wanted to take this trip to the mall with me. I called Shay. No answer. She hasn't been answering for a few weeks now.

I called Ebony letting it ring for a minute before she answered.

"What" Ebony answered dryly? She was still mad at her supposed to be friends for not answering the phone for her when she needed them. She was happy that Keysha had decided to finally call her because she needed her girls at the moment but her attitude was still on ten.

I scrunched up my face because I didn't understand what her attitude was about. "What's yo problem." I asked.

"No problem, I just see now that you and Shay don't fuck with me like I fuck with y'all and that's cool." Ebony stated nonchalantly.

"What the fuck are you talking about Ebony?" I asked confused as fuck. Sometimes Ebony could get into her little attitudes and you never knew why she was ever mad.

"Look, what ya need, what ya want. I'm handling business." Ebony asked. She knew she was being a little mean, but fuck it they wasn't there for her and she was gone make them feel it.

"I don't know what your problem is, but fix it. We grown as fuck if you got a problem, speak on it." Keysha stated honestly.

"I called you, because I needed you. My grandma got fucking CANCER and you and Shay was acting like y'all were so damn busy. But let those tables be turned. If y'all would have called me, I would have been there no question asked. I have been there, but fuck you and when you talk to Shay tell her I said fuck her too. Straight up." Ebony shrugged hanging up the phone.

Keysha replayed the conversation over and over in her head. Cancer. Grandma got cancer. This shit can't be real. I mumbled.

I felt so bad that I wasn't there for my best friend. I don't even have no excuse on why I didn't answer the phone.

I got up and put on my shoes. I was gone go over Shay house and see if she was still alive and then go and see Ebony and Grandma.

I locked the door behind me and made my way in the direction of Shay house.

I had finally got to Shay's street. When I got to her apartment it was hella niggas standing around at the stoops. They was either shooting dice, or smoking.

I made my way pass them even through the hella cat calls. I ignored them and made my way to Shay apartment. I knocked on the door and took a step back waiting for someone to answer.

Shay mommy came to the door and gave me a small smile but a confused look. Her mother was so gorgeous, you couldn't even tell she worked so much.

"Hey Ms. Kimberly, I was looking for Shay." I stated giving her a smile.

"Shay not her Keysha. She told me she was at your house and she been over there since yesterday." Shay mommy stated looking confused.

I looked around because first of all why was Shay lying to her mommy and then didn't tell me that she put me in her lie. I mentally shook my head. I cannot believe this.

I laughed, "Omg I'm so sorry Ms. Kimberly, I forgot she told me to meet her at Ebony house. She was over my house yesterday and then she went to Ebony house. I'm so sorry." I stated trying to make my lie sound believable but I knew she wasn't buying that stupid ass shit.