ᴇɪɢʜᴛ.

Shay💚

Weeks had flew by and I was officially done being bag girl to serving the streets. I was excited about moving up. Especially because of the two thousand I'll get every week. I knew that was gone get my folks out the hood faster. I was definitely about to shake the streets up. I was so damn tired of bagging and tagging.

My boss Ced told me he was proud of my improvement but told me to never repeat that because he'll deny it.

I had finally got my money right and we wasn't getting eviction notices and our lights wasn't getting cut off. We even had food. My mother was asking me where I was getting money from and I basically told her I had a job at footlocker in the mall.

I even had the shirt and name tag to match. Don't ask me how but I got connects. I know my mommy didn't believe I just worked at footlocker. But it was gone be the lie I told and stuck with.

She was working so much that she never had the time to question me or my whereabouts. My brother Saint was suspicious but he said he wasn't gone say none cause we needed the money.

And he was right! I don't know what my mommy was gone do if she find out but I got a feeling it ain't gone be pretty. She would never admit it herself but when my daddy got caught slipping with them drugs it shattered her world, but she didn't have to worry because I'm nothing like my daddy.

I was sneaking around so much that I haven't even heard from my friends. I missed them so much I couldn't wait to catch up with them.

Little did Shay know she didn't have no friend's no more? The girls she use to call friends don't fuck with each other and they don't fuck with her. Shay been MIA so long that she doesn't even know what's been going on.

Shay was up getting ready for school. She decided to just throw some on. She wore a Nike sports bra with some black tights and her all black 11's. She grabbed her jacket, keys, phone and book bag and made her way downstairs.

Downstairs her mommy was cooking breakfast. It was the first time in a long time they had sat down and had breakfast together, because they haven't had a refrigerator filled with groceries in a long time.

Before her daddy got locked up they would have family breakfast every other day. Walking downstairs and being hit with the smell of crispy bacon. Shay smiled. Reminiscing the old days.

"Hey ma." Shay smiled giving her mother a kiss and hug. Shana, Kash and Kaleb was already at the table eating their breakfast and Saint had just walked in.

"Hey baby, you got home mighty late last night and you know I don't tolerate that on school days Shay." Her mother stated sternly.

"I know ma. I got caught up with Keysha and Ebony." She lied.

"Um huh. Don't let it happen again." She stated.

I didn't like lying to my mommy but it was best if she didn't know what I was doing. If I told her I was following the same footsteps as my daddy she would be mad.

I was doing this for us though. I was doing this for them but I knew no matter who I was doing it for my mother wasn't gone approve.

"You work tonight sis." Saint asked taking a bite from his pancake. I shook my head yeah. "I work every night." I stated.

I kissed and hugged my folks before telling them goodbye. I made my way outside and started my walk to school.

I knew for a fact that with this money coming in I was gone invest in a car. I was tired of walking to damn school.

Keysha didn't want to attend school today, the fight with Ebony was on her mind all weekend. She was hoping that Ebony wasn't still mad, so they can at least talk about what happen. She didn't know how today was going to go but in her gut she had a bad feeling.