Epilogue

Marco coughed, his old lungs struggling as he gasped. Looking up he now saw you. "You return at last, to what do I owe the honor?" Your youthful face twisted in sadness. "Your failing health old friend. I did not wish to see you in a casket, so I decided to come before you passed." Marco chuckled slightly. "And offer me a way of immortality no doubt." Sighing you smiled. "Your wisdom is as obvious as your age Marco." Smirking Marco sighed. "So, what do you offer?" Looking him over you kept your sober frown on your face. "I can only make you my thrall, your no virgin, and your male, so I could not turn you if I wished. So if I bite you you'd become a familiar, a soul in my ever growing army." Smiling Marco looked at you. "A simple offer for me to see the world, even when my mortal eyes are long closed." He paused, thinking for a few moments. "Perhaps I have lived long enough, but I wish to see what becomes of my legacy. Take me into your fold, demon." Smiling softly you sighed. "You are more then welcome." Opening your maw you exposed your prominent fangs, sinking them into his throat. Drinking his blood dry you watched his life die in his eyes, only to still feel his presence as he joined your familiars. Pulling away you licked the blood away, and smiled. "We will give the whole world hell won't we Marco." Shutting his eyes you stood, leaving in a quick flash of shadow.

"Welcome back my love." Lucy kissed you, tasting the blood on your lips. "You made him a familiar?" She asked, tilting her head as she held your hands. "Yes, he didn't wish to die just yet, so now he can live on forever." Smiling she hugged you. "You always had a kind heart, even for a Catholic demon hunter." You chuckled and hugged her back.