Chapter Nine

Holly's P.O.V

As all of us finished clearing away the small shreds of wrapping paper that were laying on the floor, we were talking about our past Christmas days which were spent with family years ago. As we heard JiHyun call his parents over to him, we continued to help clear up the small pine needles which were falling off of their tree. We picked them all up and put them into a bit of wrapping paper that we forgot to put in the trash.

We heard their parents chuckle and then go into the kitchen, as we slowly walked out we talked about an event which Tae had suggested on doing with us on new years.

"So he suggested to do a live show, on new years eve over onto new years day?" Jimin asked as we slowly walked out of the family room, to which I responded with a nod.

"Yeah, both HANA and BTS do performances of songs and dances before counting down with our fans the last seconds of the year. I think it'd be really fun" I said, which he responded with a smile and a nod.

"Me too, I think we should try and organise it quickly" he said stopping in the middle of the hallway, causing me to stop at the same time.

Suddenly, a small burst of giggles erupted from JiHyun, we looked over to him confused. He pointed up, both Jimin and I looked up to see some hanging mistletoe. I immediately felt a blush appear and JiHyun finally stopped his giggling.

"It's tradition, you guys have to do it!" He said and I looked down at my feet, knowing my face was redder than a tomato could ever be.

"JiHyun don't be silly, we're friends and it's not tradition for friends to kiss under mistletoe" Jimin said to his brother, a small smile was evident in his voice.

"Are you two too shy to even give each other a peck on the lips? Oh come on! You two... just kiss already" JiHyun said, we heard a small chuckle come from Mrs Park as she came to the open door of the kitchen, she stood there silently.

"Fine we'll do it, if it will shut you up little brother" Jimin responded, I felt shock overwhelm me but I wasn't complaining, I've wanted to do this for quite some time, but not necessarily like this.

I looked up to Jimin, and he let out a small chuckle seeing my reddened cheeks. He pinched one of them and I shook my head, a smile forming. His smile soon disappeared as he began to lean in, finally committing to what he said to his brother. I began to do the same thing, I heard Mrs Park walk past us as we were doing this but it didn't stop us. As our lips finally touched, a feeling that I'd waited ever so long for finally erupted.

However, at that exact moment, we heard the front door of the house open; and since we're in the hallway, whoever was at that door could see us. We didn't pull away for a matter of seconds, but when we did, JiHyun had a both scared and shocked look on his face.

Jimin and I slowly turned to look at the door, and we saw Jungkook. He was returning that same shocked look to us that we eventually formed. I smiled weakly before Mrs Park kindly invited him into the house. He stepped inside and JiHyun stood up and stopped right before us.

"I'll leave you three to talk, there may be some explaining to do" He said as he continued to walk into the kitchen.

We all slowly walked into the family room, where Jimin and I sat on one of the couches, and Jungkook sat on the other. A moment of silence fell before Jungkook eventually spoke.

"So when were you going to tell everyone that you're together?" He said and I felt my eyes widen.

"Oh no we aren't!" I said quickly and he gave a disbelieving look.