chapter 18

I'm here
"Amy's Perspective"

After we decided to walk around, we went to his red Mustang, we carpooled karaoke inside there and laughed.

"And then, he said 'That's what she said!'"

Shadow laughed, I laughed as well. I placed my hand near the gear, until I felt Shadow hold my hand. I turned to him with a blush, he stopped at the stop light and then, removed his hand from mine while blushing.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally held it."

He apologized, I blushed and just looked out the window of the car to see Sonic and a brown chipmunk walk out a café. I frowned at what I saw and leaned back down against the car chair.

"Shadow's Perspective"

I drove off as the light turned to green, I noticed Amy frown when she leaned back down and look away the window. I looked at her for a second to consider my thought that she's tearing up before looking back the road.

"Rose, are you alright?"

She sniffed and wiped her tears away as she managed to give a smile,

"I'm okay, Shadow..."

She stuttered, I steered to the left and continued straight and then I looked at her, seeing she's still upset.

"Then, why are you tearing up all of the sudden?"

I asked, receiving silence from her, I sighed and wiped her small tears in her eyes,

"Rose, I want you to always remember I'm here by your side."

"But, what if you'll leave me alone like what Sonic did to me?"

Her statement broke my heart, I don't want her to think that way. I pulled up, stopping the car before turning to her and cupped her cheek to make her look at me.

"Rose, look at me. I don't want you to think in such a way. I'm not like that idiot, who choose you and then moments later found another and leave you all alone. I may be a playboy but, I'm not if we're talking about you. I promise, if we graduated, we won't be far from each other. I will protect you in any cost, even if it costs my own life to just save you. I won't break you, because a beautiful, caring, and amazing girl like you shouldn't deserve to be broken in such a way."

I told her, which she and I was shocked, especially me, because I haven't done that, ever.

"Promise?"

She stuttered as she hugged me,

"I promise you, my Rose. I won't ever leave you."

15 minutes later
"Amy's Perspective"

Shadow pulled up in front of my drive way, I glanced at my house before glancing back at Shadow,

"Thank you, Shadow."

"For what, Rose?"

He chuckled,

"For being always there for me."

And after that, I gave him a peck on the lips before waving bye and got off his car, I could feel him smile and chuckle while I walked towards my porch.

"You just made my day, Amy Rose!"

He shouted from in his car, I giggled and waved bye at him,

"Good night, Shadz! See you tomorrow!"

"Of course! I wouldn't forget you!"

He shouted before driving off,

"Drive safely..."

I whispered underneath my breathe and then unlocked my house and helped myself in followed by a loud squeal that came out of my mouth.