Chapter 16 | The lasagne

Patricia, me and Lizzie sat in Lizzie's room talking. The conversations were mundane and honestly had no real meaning or direction,  we just talked but as we talked I felt small.

Like the conversations me and my friends were having at this moment meant nothing! And somehow the conversation didn't matter, I had bigger problems.

I had to deal with being a participant in a killing game.

I had to deal with the man who kidnapped me still being out there.

On top of that I also had to deal with the mother of my best friend buying a photo that could hold a clue to the location of a button that an save my life.

'Wait' I thought to myself.

My mind slowed.

As the horrible truth dawned on me...could Lizzie's mother be a participant?

She could've been sent the clue I had because the clues appears to all participants, and then Kara (Lizzie's mother) could have worked out the clues like I had.

Kara Kincaid was a participant.

The mother of my best friend was in the end of days killing game.

Finally, I was snapped back to reality by the sound of Lizzie's voice "Alexis are you dead?"

"Don't be stupid she's just being  ignorant today is all" Patricia interrupted to insult me.

"No. No just day dreaming that's all," I replied while forcing a fake smile onto my face to hide the shock aided by this new revelation.

"So what should we do I'm bored" Lizzie's complained toward me and Patricia.

"Well we could umm...any suggestions Lexi!" Patricia replied to Lizzie while annoying me.

"Well that question came out of literally no where!" I retorted. But nonetheless I carried on speaking "we could...no first of all, can we get some food please?" I pleaded.

"Oh sure I think there is some lasagne in the fridge let's cook it!" Lizzie replied excitedly back to my request.

"Sure" I replied adding a slight nod of my head.

"Okay" Patricia also replied.

As we all agreed on a plan the three of us then exited Lizzie's room and walked down the stairs of her massive house, eventually we got downstairs an dwe entered the kitchen.

Lizzie's kitchen was a large room. The walls of the room were all the same plain white walls, the only gaps in the color was the appliances: cupboards lining the wall with a double door fridge and freezer, built into the wall was a large oven and in the centre of the room was a counter top table with four stools stood around it.

Lizzie walked over to the fridge and retrieved a large cooking dish that had inside it an uncooked lasagne waiting to be cooked and then eaten. Lizzie placed the lasagne on the counter table and she removed the plastic cover and she walked over toward the wall built oven and she opened the oven door and placed the lasagne inside the oven and closed the oven's door. She then pushed a few buttons selecting the heat and time for cooking.

Lizzie turned and said "Now it's gonna take at least ten to fifteen minutes to cook properly" she explained.

"Ugh" Patricia complained as she sat down on one of the table stools.

Then I remembered what we came here for, the photo. So in response I quickly made and excuse to leave "oh crap" I exclaimed gathering Patricia's and Lizzie's attention simultaneously.