Chapter 27 | The little box

"So where did you sleep last night Alexis?" Philip repeated his question.

"On a rooftop" I responded plainly not lying.

"Well that doesn't sound very safe or very comfy" Philip replied his tone soft, yet I still remained wary of him.

"Well it's better than a small room with pictures of yourself all over the walls" I responded unusually peppily for what had actually happened to me...what Mister Crow did to me.

"Would you care to elaborate?" Philip pressured further.

"Sure!" I responded with a fake cheery tone showing my clear disdain for the conversation. "Well it all started with a psychopath called Mister Crow or some pig name I don't quite remember! Breaking into my house and-" I started but Philip interrupted me.

"Can you slow down so I can make notes" Philip replied while he retrieved a small notepad from his inside suit pocket. His tone was still calm clearly not deterred from my borderline sarcastic comments.

"Can I continue?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"Yes" Philip replied as he nodded his head.

"Well my story starts with a psycho called Mister Crow who broke into my house after kinda stalking me, he knocked me out and when I woke up I was in a small room--" I continued but was cut myself off. I was cut off due to a deep fear that overruled my overconfidence and sarcastic tone, revealing my true feelings to Philip who I desperately didn't want to see me weak.

"Alexis this only works if you are honest, so lose the attitude and speak to me properly" Philip requested. In response I gave a slight nod.

I exhaled and inhaled slowly regaining my composure once again. "So umm Mister Crow he kidnapped me" I started.

"How did this 'Mister Crow' kidnap you?" Philip asked in a gentle tone.

"Well he umm hit me I think and took me to the room, well the shipping container" I continued my voice noticeably more shaky.

"What happened in the shipping container?" Philip continued.

"Well all over the walls were pictures" I tried to speak but my mouth ran dry.

"What were the pictures of Alexis?" Philip questioned.

"I- I-" my mouth croaked and I could barely speak. Suddenly, a bottle of water appeared in front of my face held in the grip of Shadow who had now entered the room.

"Here" Shadow motioned waiting for me to take it and gratefully I took the bottle. I unscrewed the lid and took a huge audible gulp from it.

"Thank you" I finally croaked toward Shadow who gave a nod of appreciation.

"Please continue" Philip urged.

"The pictures of me in poses...some of me in his mask, some with him lingering over me but all with me asleep," I finally replied as tears welled in my eyes.

"You obviously escaped the room but how?" Philip continued.

"I didn't" I responded plainly ashamed.

Shadow interjected saving me from admitting my failure to escape "me and Patricia rescued her" in his gruff tone.

"Could you continue with the next big thing to happen to you?" Philip asked in his usual gentle tone.

"Well me and Patricia saw Mister Crow again and he attacked me and it was Patricia who saved me from being shot" I continued.

"Go on" Philip urged as he still noted down things in his notepad.