Chapter 13 | The rescue

My thoughts cleared and I opened my eyes to look at the newfound light that had entered the room.

There was a stinging behind my eyes as they started to adjust to the light and my vision came back to me but I struggled to regain my sight. My head thundered like a storm as it soon grew into a raging headache that sunk into my skull.

Eventually, though my head started to clear and my sight slowly adjusted to the new conditions and then in the doorway I could make out a definite figure.

The figure stood proudly in the doorway as he or she looked directly at me. I was petrified was the man in the mask back to finish me off!

No. If this was him I would make sure he knew my true feelings, so I blurted out "you can do what ever the hell you want to me but I will not obey you! You sick animal!" I screamed at the figure while I squinted my eyes to identify the figure.

I could now make out that the figure was a man.

The figure leaned close to me then retrieved a shiny object from behind his  back and held it close to me, I wanted to cry, to scream but I held back my tears. Even as the man held the object near my bound hands and I could hear a rough tug and the cutting of something near me!

Suddenly, my hands came apart as the binds holding them together were released or more accurately they were cut off me.

Wildly, I started to swing at the man until each of my fists were each caught and the man held them both down. Desperately I struggled as hard as I could until the force applied on me was so great I could no longer move.

Suddenly, the man looked directly at me and he came into view: it was a man fully encased in an armoured black suit that only revealed the area around his chin and the same eye pieces looked directly at me as he shouted "hey get in here she's confused!"

"I'm here" shouted a feminine voice as a female figure entered the doorway and raced up to me grasping her arms around me.

It was Shadow and Patricia. They had found me!

Patricia then said in an unusually comforting tone "there, there cry. Come on girl you can cry I'm here," as she held me tightly and I hugged back as I started to sob hard into Patricia's shoulder.

When my tears had slowed I could see Patricia holding me tight, her pitch black hair tied into a pony tail at the back of her head, she wore a long sleeved dark blue shirt complimented with a pair of long running pants and a simple pair of flat shoes. Meanwhile Shadow was still in his iconic costume.

Shadow then shouted toward us both, "girls over here he's coming back!"

Patricia handed me some objects among them were my taser, my phone and my pocket knife she then let go of me after hearing what Shadow said.

She walked toward the door and waited with Shadow, she held in her left hand a long sword looking object they both stood behind the door quietly waiting.

From outside I could hear "pretty pretty- oh crap!" Then I heard footsteps running in the opposite direction. Patricia turned to me and grabbed me by the arm while her and Shadow led me out of the room.

Once again my eyes adjusted to the outside I could see I was in a shipping container on the local shipping dock in town. The sea breeze entered my nostrils filling me with a new hope to see my home once more hope to live once again.

When my senses grew sharper as they adjusted more to the outside I could now see the rippling waves crashing against the rocky shoreline creating a spray of salt water that sprayed all in its path.