Chapter 25 | The ledge

"So what's the problem with the treatment?" I asked moving closer toward Shadow.

"Well do you know about Sean's heart condition?" Shadow responded with another question.

"Well yeah kind of, he explained that his heart can't pump mass amounts of blood around his body or else he risks his veins or arteries exploding" I replied sharing my very limited knowledge.

"Well the problem is that the medication that keeps Sean alive doesn't mix well with the medication that creates the coma that I used on Michael" Shadow explained.

"So Sean can't be put into the coma?" I asked confirming my suspicions.

It was then it dawned on me, both I and Shadow had been awkward around each other. Both sides were aggravated and hating each other.

"So does Sean know he can't be put into a coma?" I asked Shadow in a calm tone.

"No--" Shadow tried to speak but was shortly cut off.

"Well I do now!" Sean butted in.

"Oh sorry" I replied without thinking.

"Well for such a small room you would think someone would learn to whisper when having a 'private' conversation!" Sean responded his voice seemingly disheartened but he was trying to hide it.

"Wait so what are you going to do?" Shadow asked in his gruff tone that perpetually sounded angry.

"I guess I can go home" Sean responded saddened by this statement.

"No you can't! Your parents are away and you brother is--" I cut myself short trying not to mention Tom Anderson...the man I killed.

"Yeah I know" Sean responded seeming more disheartened than he was before as though he was spiralling into a deep hole of disappointment and pure despair.

"Well you can stay here" Shadow responded finally.

"I might have too" Sean added wearily.

"Alright go home and collect your things if you're going to stay here" Shadow responded.

"Wait is it safe for Sean out there? With Mister Crow on the loose?" I asked Shadow.

"Mister who!" Shadow responded confused by my question.

"Mister Crow!" I reiterated again.

"The guy that attacked us on the way here" Sean added.

"Are you sure you don't mean Piggy Piggy?" Shadow asked unsure but still spoken in his gruff tone.

"What?" I responded as a pain began to build in the front of my head for some unknown reason.

"Piggy Piggy is the name you gave to the man who attacked you!" Shadow repeated as the pain in my head grew.

"No he told us his name was Mister Crow and how did you know I was attacked? And it wasn't just me Mister Crow attacked Sean was there too!" I responded angrily as the pain in my head quickly grew into a searing headache.

Shadow moved over towards me as he placed his hands on my shoulders. "Alexis the man who attacked and kidnapped you was Piggy Piggy. You said so yourself." Shadow replied with a hint of concern in his voice.

"No- no you are wrong he said his name is Mister Crow and he said I was his Fox- ugh...umm" I tried to speak but my head trembled fiercely in pain until it forced me onto my knees.

"Gaaaaaaaaah!" I screamed in agony as the edges of my vision grew black with tendrils of dark until all my vision dissipated and I fell into unconsciousness as Shadow shook me violently to no avail.