Chapter 18 | The fight

After the scare of almost being swept away by an unpredictable raging current, me, Lizzie and Patricia all walked out to the edge of the woods. We emerged at the end of Lizzie's garden and unlatched the gate and walked back into Lizzie's huge house.

I didn't want to stay in Lizzie's house, I didn't feel safe being under the same roof as a participant.

Thankfully, Patricia had yawned tiredly prompting her to check the time, it was six forty nine p.m., we had been at Lizzie's house for quite a long time and by obviously Patricia had assumed I had enough time to gather the proof I needed and decided we should go sooner rather than later.

"Wow who knew it was that late jeez," I exclaimed wanting an excuse to leave.

"I have no sense of time at all!" Lizzie joked back in response with a gentle smile.

"Think I might head out now if that's fine with you two?" I questioned directing at Lizzie and Patricia.

"Umm yeah I'll go too" Patricia responded.

"Oh alright well see you two soon...I guess" Lizzie responded disappointment clear in her voice.

The three of us then walked down stairs.

"Wait my dad hates me not eating! Can I get some left over lasagne?" I questioned.

"Yeah sure come hither into the kitchen and receive a um...a treat bag?" She responded in a happier tone. The three of us walked into the kitchen and Lizzie retrieved the left over lasagne from the fridge.

She grabbed a cheap plastic box from a cupboard and asked "how many portions do you want Lexi?"

"Um well first it's Alexis! Lex sounds like a cats name and my dad would probably hate me for not bringing him some so I guess two" I responded.

"Three it is then!" Lizzie responded in a cheerful tone.

"Bu-" I tried to protest but I was cut off.

"You know you under eat! And it's better if you don't argue we know what you're like." Patricia interjected reminding me of a very dark time in my life.

"Fine" I replied in a defeated tone as I wiped a small tear away from my eye.

Lizzie then proceeded to cut out three hefty pieces of lasagne that were then packed into the clear cheap plastic container.

Lizzie handed me the box with the lasagne and in response I said "thanks."

"You are welcome it would probably have just been thrown away in our house anyway! So I'll lock you two out then," Lizzie replied in a joking manner.

"Okay" Patricia replied as we all walked to the front door.

Lizzie unlocked the door and then me and Patricia gave Lizzie a quick hug each gave our simplistic 'goodbyes' and 'see you later' and both me and Patricia left Lizzie's house. We all waved back to each other before Lizzie locked the door while Patricia and I walked away.

"So did you find anything then?" Patricia asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah, yeah I did" I responded as the two of us continued to walk.

"So go on, what did you find?" Patricia replied curiously.

"Well Kara Kincaid had a photo that she could of only bought if she had got the second clue" I explained.

"Alright any other evidence?" Patricia replied intrigue clear in her voice.

"Yeah there is" I replied.

"Go on! Don't leave me hanging in suspense" Patricia replied impatiently.

"After I left Kara Kincaid's office I went to the toilet and I looked in my pocket to see the PTD beeping and you know who entered the house?" I replied purposefully withholding the name to annoy Patricia.