Chapter 6: Somebody's Bae

Maya Tony POV

I walked the beach alone the next day. I wanted to think about what went on with me and Matt and I guess I looked like the girls in the movies (you know, sundresses, hair in wind, sandals in hand while walking in the sand) because Sammi appeared out of nowhere and told me exactly that.

"Why do you look like the girls from the movies?" Sammi said as she ran up behind me. I could tell she went surfing because she was wearing her suit and her hair was in a ponytail. Her cheeks were so flushed and red, that she looked like a tomato.

"Why do you look flushed?" I say and her cheeks redden more.

"Because Mr. Grier was flirting with me," Sammi says in her country accent. I hated how her and Ali could do that accent and I can't because of my own thick accent.

"What did he say?" I ask her and she blushes.

"He said I looked amazing ripping the waves. And looked hot making hot chocolate, and he also said I was very cool," Sammi says so fast I have to think about what she said.

"What else?" I ask her because there's always more.

"Then he asked me if I'll be his bae," Sammi almost shouts, "And I said yes."

"Well, that escalated quickly," I say and Sammi looks at me.

"Maya," She says, "I'm somebody's bae!"

"Isn't everyone?" I say and leave her to do whatever she was doing in the sand. How much you want to bet it was drawing Sammi+Nash=♥

******

Still Maya's POV

So, I'm guessing everyone is all lovey dovey and shit today. I caught Taylor writing a love song for her boyfriend, Sam Potternoff, back home. I caught Ali and Brent talking on the couch, sitting fairly close together and I saw Dakota and Carter making cookies together. The only person not all lovey dovey was Madison, who I found in a room with a piano. At least everything was normal with her. You know, no love, all music.

"Did you check the calendar?" Madi asks after I finish my rant about all this bullshit. I checked it and felt a part of me die. It was Valentine's Day.

"I have no Valentine this year," I say and Madi snorts. I glare at her. I have a Valentine every year. How could I not have one this year?

"I don't either," Madison says and eats a strawberry from the fridge, "We can be single together."

She offers me a chocolate covered strawberry and I take nearly half the bowl. We sit and talk about our favorite show, Teen Wolf, while she plays the piano, until we are rudely interrupted by pots banging and Cameron shouting.

"Listen up, folks," Cameron says as he stands on the coffee table in the living room, "Today, is Valentine's Day so this is important. We must be friendly today."

"Idiot," Madi mutters and I nod.

"To give thanks to Valentine's Day, our singers of the groups, Shawn and all of ALOL except Maya, will perform a love song," Cameron says and everyone shouts excitement except the people who have to sing.

"I did not agree to this," ALi says and Madison puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Take one for the team," Madi smiles and Ali glares at her. I sit down on the couch in between Matt and Taylor. 

"Okay, what are we going to sing, ladies?" Shawn looks at them or better yet, Madison. They all shrug except Taylor Okinawa, who raises her hand.

"Can we do Ed Sheeran?" Taylor asks and Dakota and Ali come over to me and sit on the floor next to me.

"We're not singing," Dakota says and they make up multiple excuses.

Shawn, Taylor, and Madi sit in some chairs and Shawn starts to play a couple chords. Then they sing. As they sang, Matt put his arm around me and I put my head on his shoulder. He smelled like soap. I felt a feather light touch on my head and looked up at him.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he whispered and I smiled. I have a Valentine this year.

"Will you be my Valentine even if it wasn't Valentine's Day?" he asks me and I felt giddy inside.

"Yes, I totally would," I say and everything stops. Well, to me it does. They're still singing but once my eyes locked on Matt's, I couldn't keep them off. We leaned toward each other and kissed. Lemme tell you, it was awesome. Best Valentine's Day ever!!!!!

(A/N: The first love kiss. I know the first kiss went to Shawn and Madison but this was the first one that meant something. The real life Maya will love being the first kiss. Shout out to her. Love ya, Vale)

-------------------

edited as of-3-17-15