Chapter 29: Disaster or Perfect Date

Cameron Dallas POV

Finally, my date with Dakota. After a whole week of putting it off, our date is coming. I went down to where I had Matt and Nash set up a tent and table with chairs. It looked good enough. Maya appeared behind me with a clipboard.

"Okay," Maya said, "Sammi and Lila tried to make the Chinese food and failed, so...you get Mexican."

"Why couldn't' Madi feel good?" I said and Maya shrugged.

"Look on the bright side. You get tacos that are better than Taco Bell," Maya smiled. Dakota was coming.

"Leave. Here she comes," I push Maya out of eyesight and pull out one of the chairs.

"Hi, Cameron," Dakota said. She looked so pretty and stuff.

"Hi, Dakota," I pointed to the chair and she sat in it and I pushed her up to the table. I sat in the chair across from her and Trevor appeared.

"Hello, I will be your server for the evening," Trevor said and gave us two pieces of paper, "Here is your menu."

"There's only one thing on it," Dakota said. Fish tacos.

"Fish tacos it is," Trevor took the menus back and walked away.

"Good help is so hard to find," I shake my head. Dakota reaches down and picks up something.

"Look," Dakota held a small white shell in her hand. Pretty, "It's a conch shell. You can hear the ocean with this."

"Yeah, I know," I say, "I've lived in Cali all my life."

"Me too," Dakota says, "I'm from San Diego. Well, Madi and I are. Sammi and Maya's from North Carolina. Ali's from San Antonio and Lila's from San Francisco."

"Tell me about yourself," I ask her.

"Well, I'm adopted from Asia. Came here as a baby," she nods, "I'm seriously funny, so when I went to a Magcon tour one time and met Lila, Sammi, and Maya there we all came up with the idea with Madi, my adoptive sister, then Madi left to go to this music camp with Lila and that's how we met Ali. And Lila thought about calling ourselves ALOL- Awesome Laughs Out Loud. I know, corny, Lila came up with it. Then we had my brother, Alex, video tape us doing vines and youtube videos and, well, here we are."

"Interesting. I said tell me about Dakota not ALOL," I smile and she laughs.

"Sorry," she said, "I'm just so proud of us that when they say Dakota, I think ALOL."

"Still want to hear about you," I say and she smiled.

"I'm blasian. I'm 18, a couple months younger than you," she said, "I love pandas and I am firm believer in the fact that love ain't fancy. Oh, and the hashtag sign (#) is just a TIC TAC TOE box slanted."

"Wow," I said, then Trevor came back with two plates.

"Fish tacos for Miss Smith," he gave one to Dakota, "Fish taco for Mr. Cameron. And you get Mountain Dew."
He poured us soda in a huge wine glass (almost bigger than my hand). Then left us.

"This is nice, Cam," Dakota said after a couple minutes of us eating, "I didn't know you were this romantic."

"He's not," Maya came up to us to refill our drinks, "I planned this whole thing. You're welcome."
Maya left and we laughed.  Dakota had the prettiest smile.

"C'mon, let's walk on the beach," she stood up and grabbed my hand. We ran down to the beach and immediately got sprayed by water. I looked up to see Kian waving at us. I am going to punch his face in. I looked over at Dakota, who was drenched wet, like me.

"C'mon, let's get you dry," I grab her hand and pull her back to the tent, where Trevor stands with a towel. I grab it and wrap it around Dakota. The whole time I'm apologizing.

"Dude, relax," Dakota put a finger on my lips, "I'm okay. Just dripping wet and probably ruined my shirt. But I'm okay. This was probably the best date ever, Cam. We have to do this again. Just without the whole water thingy." She kissed my cheek then went inside. She said it was the best date ever. I probably won't have to punch Kian. Nevermind, I'll still punch him, eventually.

------------------

edited as of-3-28-15