Chapter 12: How'd You Forget the Best B-Day Ever?!

K. Madison POV

I'm irrelevant. He said I'M irrelevant. ME! Carter Reynolds said I was irrelevant. I chopped the peppers for breakfast even faster and I nearly cut into the cutting board.

"Whoa," Alex appeared out of nowhere and took the knife from me, "What's with the cutting of your UNBREAKABLE cutting board?"

"Nothing," I sniffed and put the peppers into the skillet to saute with olive oil.

"You wouldn't nearly chop the cutting board for nothing, Madison," Alex points to the cutting board which has a crack in the middle of it.

"How come you never call me Madi?" I change the subject, "You either call me Mads or Madison."

"Because I like your real name better," Alex says, "It suits you more."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes, "How many views did the video get?"

"You're in luck," Alex said, "You're popular, so close to 5k."

"That's good," I put eggs into a bowl, add some spices, and beat them.

"What are you making?" Alex asks me.

"Spanish omelette," I say and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Just because a majority of the people in this house our Hispanic does not mean you need to make Spanish things," Alex said.

"Does that mean you don't want any of the nachos I'm making later?" I ask him and he smiles.

"I love nachos," Alex said, "Especially when you hand make the salsa."

"I did guacamole this time, too," I smile, "I woke up early. Couldn't sleep. Felt like I was forgetting something, you know?"

Alex smirked at me, "Think its just you, crazy."

Later Alex set the table while I got everybody up and to breakfast. While we ate, everyone kept staring at me.

"What?" I nearly yelled after five minutes of the stares.

"Madi, what's today's date?" Dakota asked me.

"The twenty-fifth, why?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"Just wanted to know," she said. Weird.

"You're an excellent cook," Sam said with some food in his mouth.

"I know. It makes me very relevant," I look at Carter when I say relevant. His face reddens and he looks down at his omelette. I notice Shawn's gone.

"Where's Shawn?" Ali asks and Taylor Caniff leans in to whisper something in her ear and she nods.

"Where is he?" I ask and everyone looks at me.

"He, uh, went to the um..." Taylor Caniff stutters.

"Beach," Gilinsky says and Taylor nods.

"Okay," I drag out the word. That was weird. I finished my omelette and was about to collect the plates before Nash and Cameron stood up and got my plate.

"You just sit and look your usually pretty self," Cameron said and I looked at him weird. 

"Don't worry about it, K," Miguel said as he pulled me from the chair and escorted me to my room, "Go back to sleep."

I went into my room and lied down on the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

*The Dream*

I sat on a throne in a black and violet purple gown. People stood in a long line before me in brown, dull clothes and they all looked raggedy. Next to me sat a blonde guy on a bigger throne than mine and he held a scepter.