Chapter 48: Celebrate

K. Madison POV

"I don't know," I said to myself as I sat in Dakota's car. I was looking at a text Jc sent me.

I don't know about us- Jc

I didn't know either. I didn't really think we were meant to be. Maybe Alex was right, single life is always better. I decided to call Jc and talk about it.

Jc- You got my text?

Me- Did you get mine?

Jc- You sent me one?

Me- No. Let's talk about it bc I agree.

Jc- I don't think...

Me- ...That we should be together.

Jc- That was easy.

Me- Super easy. Well, bye. Friends still.

Jc- Friends. 

I hung up the phone and waved at Cameron as he passed. I opened the door and went into the house and into my room. Cheers to the single life.

*********

Ali Martinez POV

I opened a letter addressed to me that I got in the mail. I saw Madi had the same one. I grabbed hers and ran up to her room so we can read it together. I opened her door and threw the letter at her. She sat up and took off her headphones.

"What's this?" she said. I shrugged and we both opened it. I smiled as Madi finished reading it.

"You got accepted," Madi said and I nodded.

"What about you?" I said.

"No," Madi said, "You're going to New York, though. You get to go to the school of your dreams."

"The school of my dreams is when you and I go together and purchase an apartment together and one of us falls in love with the boy across the hall and the apartment is just down the street from NYU," I say and Madi smiles.

"Ali, I'm still going to New York, just not NYU," she said, "I'll visit you."

"How come you didn't get accepted?" I say.

"Probs bc I came to school too early and I'm extremely a couple months too young," Madi says, "Let's celebrate Miss Alyssa Reagan Martinez getting accepted into NYU. Let's go school shopping."

"Madi, it's May," I tell her. I don't need to shop till July.

"It's never to early to go shopping for college boys," Madi says.

"I do have a boyfriend," I tell her. She shakes her head as she grabs my car keys, "No, Madi, you are not driving. The last time you drove, we ran over a squirrel."

"Why? It was in my way?"

"You swerved and nearly hit the tree it was in," I yelled, "You're not driving."