Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Some Assembly Required

After our first fight we all headed back into the castle since it started to get dark outside. Allura asked me to lead the others to their rooms since the empty ones where in my area. I turned to look at the others.

"Please follow me, I will show you where your sleeping quarters are."

Everyone started to follow me, they looked tired after the eventful day we had.

"Wow how many rooms does this castle have?" Lance asked.

"A lot but not all the rooms are bedrooms." I answered.

"Here we are." I said pointing at the hall way.

They picked their rooms, Pidge being the closes on the same side of the hallway and Shiro chose a room across the hallway from mine. 

"Well I hope you all get a nice rest, I will see you all in the morning."

"Good night" Pidge told me waving his right hand.

I smiled at him and entered my room. I decided to take a bath before going to bed. After all, I have not taken a bath for 10,000 years, I chuckled to myself.

What would mother have to say about that.

I stepped into my bathroom and began to remove my Paladin armor. As I was removing the chest piece over my head I caught a familiar scent. After all this time, my father's scent was still impregnated on the armor. I touched the golden symbol of Voltron on the chest piece running my hand over it and remembering my father wearing it. I remembered I use to make fun of him because the armor made him look robust.

I removed the rest of my armor and placed it on the counter. I looked up to see my reflection on my bathroom mirror. I unpinned my brown hair and let it fall to my shoulders and began to smooth it out with my fingers. I removed my crown from my head and finished undressing and walked into the shower. The hot water was so welcoming, it embraced my body and relaxed my muscles. I began to think of home and the things I would be doing at this moment before the war. The faces of my parents and my bonded Drako came to mind and for the first time since I had awoken, I allowed myself to cry. Here, where no one could see me I let it all out. My tears mixed with the water, I could taste the salt when they reached my lips. I knew I had to give myself this moment because in front of the others I had to be strong. No, I must be strong. 

I am not alone in this, I have my fellow Paladins, Allura and Coran. I know that together we will figure out a way to rid of Zarkon and bring the peace and stability this universe needs. 

I wiped away my tears and began to wash myself. I finished bathing, brushed my hair, changed into my comfortable sleeping robe and went to bed.

~

I woke up startled from a bad dream, sweat covered my forehead and my breathing was uneven. I laid my head down on my pillow trying to calm myself. Time passed, my breathing came back to normal, but I knew I was not going to be able to get any more sleep. I decided to get out of bed and change into my Paladin armor. I made myself look presentable and looked outside. It was still dark, but I needed to get out of my room. I walked into the hallway and decided to get something to eat in the kitchen. When I arrived, I served myself a plate of the typical green goo and ate quickly. After I was done I headed to the main control room where I found Allura and Coran working on the castle. 

"Hello, my queen, could not sleep anymore?" Coran asked.

"No and looks as I am not the only one"