Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Begin the Blitz

We jumped right back into action when the shows were finally over. We needed to get back to defending the universe and figure out a way to take down Zarkon along with his empire. The tyrant had become crueler, inflicting his iron fist harsher on innocent people. Lotor was still missing, no one had heard from him since we last saw him getting attacked by Galra forces.

I stood next to Shiro, on the main control platform, watching the main screen that projected Kolivan and Keith. I was really glad to see him after a few movements; he had been really busy with tasks assigned directly from the leader of The Blade of Marmora.

"Entire Galra fleets have been mobilized." Kolivan informed, "Zarkon seems to be out looking for Lotor."

"It's only a matter of time before he gets the empire back in order." Shiro stated.

"We are going to need to mobilize as soon as possible." I added, "Hitting key points in the Galra empire can help weaken their forces. We just need to figure out where they are."

"Agreed." Shiro said, "Now is the time to assemble the coalition that Voltron has been building. With intelligence gathered by the Blades and coalition observers, combined with Pidge's Galra tracking software, we now have a detailed map of the Galra Empire." Different places of the galaxy map highlighted in blue, "I've identified an intermittent line of coalition planets that runs through the territory. If you look closely, there's only one Galra-occupied planet left on that line." A purple dot highlighted the area.

"Naxzela." Allura said.

"We can capture Naxzela, we can strengthen the chain of planet freed from Galra rule in that sector." I added, "Then use that portion to cut inflow of Galra troops from central command and use it to take them out."

"Wow!" Pidge exclaimed, "We could take back a third of the Galra Empire in one fell swoop."

"Do we have a plan?" Hunk asked.

"We attack several locations across the region, at once." Shiro continued explaining, "First, we'll have to cut off communications between the region and Galra central command by striking the satellite relay station orbiting Vantax Five."

"Pidge and I can handle that." Hunk stated giving him a thumbs up.

"The Blades have informed us of two Galra defense systems coming online called Zaiforge cannons." Shiro said, a hologram of two cannons appeared before us. "Now these cannons can strike any target within our combat theater. The first, in high-orbit around the planet Teq, will be attacked by coalition air forces led by Matt and Captain Olia. Kolivan will lead a Marmoran strike team against the second cannon, located on the surface of Senfama, which is vulnerable to a covert ground attack. We intend to take control of these cannons and use Zarkon's own firepower against him. Once the coalition forces and Blades neutralize these targets, Galra defenses will be weakened, allowing us to take down the remaining Galra-occupied planets in this area. While our forces are taking control of the planets, Naxzela will already be under attack."

"By whom?" Allura asked.

"Us." I answered, "Voltron."

Lance appeared behind Pidge and Hunk with a smirk, wrapping his arms around their shoulders, "Aw yeah! Team Voltron's gonna drop in Naxzela, form Hunk's giant laser cannon, and be all like, 'Pow! Pow! Pow!' Easy-peasy."

"Unfortunately, not that easy." Shiro said, bursting Lance's bubble, "Naxzela will be tough. Its heavily fortified with Galra. Our attack must be swift enough to neutralize the Galra forces before they have time to contact Galra Headquarters. Cause', if they call for reinforcements, we'll be caught in a fight on two fronts."