Chapter 36- The Flashback

Adam's POV

A small groan of pain from below me tells me that I'm doing my job right. These people clearly will not shoot while I have him captive. Gently, I tap the barrel of my gun against his head.

Enemy Jason rakes a hand through his hair. "Adam, dangit, listen to me. We're your friends. You led us until they," he nods at friend Jason," kidnapped you. Don't you remember? We're youtubers. We met on YouTube. Epic jump maps. Cops and robbers. Real life skits. Mod showcases, for Pete's sake! Adam, you're like a brother to me!" enemy Jason screams.

I spit. "You're an enemy to me."

His eyes grow wide. From the back of the room, there's a shriek and a ripple of movement. A girl bursts out in front. Her hair lays on one side, and she's about medium height. "Adam! I thought you were dead!"

Enemy Jason shushes her. "Alesa, this isn't Adam."

She looks confused. Her eyes wander over my gun, my foot planted on this guy, the cold look in my eyes. She let out a strangled sob. "Adam........Whats wrong with you?"

I throw back my head in frustration. "There's nothing wrong with me! You people are liars! You tried to kill me! I'm lucky to be alive! If it weren't for the Cavets, I would be dead! There's nothing wrong with me."

A splitting headache was coursing through my skull. Friend Jason put a hand on my arm. "I warned you, Adam. I told you that it was dangerous. You're probably in danger of a flashback."

I rip my arm from his grip and place it to my pounding head. All around me, everyone is quiet. The enemy watched quietly, as do the Cavets. I suck in a strangled breath, and throw my hand towards my gun. There's a small beep, and the door explodes open. Cavets pour in.

I sink to the floor, the room dimming.

*

Alesa smiles at me. "Awwww, isn't Milton adorable?"

I laugh and rub his belly. "Yeah. And funny. Have you seen him play with his ball yet?"

She shakes her head, and I pick up one of the small red balls and toss it across the room. Milton shoots after it, and Alesa laughs.

*

"Oh man, this new house is awesome."

I nod. "Dude, we could have, like, a full on nerf war."

Mitch shrugs. "Why not?"

Tyler laughs. "What're we gonna do, just go to the nearest store and buy a crap ton of guns?"

Jerome shrugs. "Yes."

*

The little icon appears for a Skype call, and I click accept.

"Hey, uh, minecraftuniverse."

"Hi skydoesminecraft."

I clear my throat. "So, mmm, would you wanna do a Parkour map sometime?"

"Yeah, sure. Have you heard of epic jump maps?"

I shake my head, even thought my video feature is not on. "No. Who's it made by?"

There's the sound of a keyboard. "Some guy called bodil40."

I laugh. "Bodil40? Weird name."

*

"Adam! Adam!"

I slowly return to consciousness. Above me hovers friend Jason's worried face.

"Get up. Things aren't going well. Most of the Cavets have already retreated."