Chapter 1- It Begins

Adam banged his fists against the desk. "Ty!" he screamed. "What the-! Aw, come on, man!"  He watched helplessly as his minecraft character fell off a cliff, disappearing into darkness and dying moments later.

Ty was laughing on the other end of the Skype call. "Oh dude, I am so not sorry." He got out.

Adam huffed and clicked his mouse, re-spawning his character before bouncing back over to where Ty's character stood.

"Fine. Well recruits, you know the deal. If you enjoyed, click that like button, and I'll see you all later!"

He shut off his recording material and went downstairs, still fuming slightly.

"Ty?" He called.

Ty's head appeared upstairs on the balcony, staring down at him curiously. "Yeah?"

"You seen the anyone anywhere? Mitch was supposed to get pizza, and Jason was picking up Jerome from the airport."

He shrugged. "Nope. They probably just met up with some serious traffic."

Adam turned and peered out the window.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'm gonna catch up on some rest, but you better let me know when Mitch gets back, got it?"

----------------------------------------

Adams POV

The clock next to my bed blinks on and off several times before I can finally read what it says. The fluorescent lettering on it momentarily blinds me, but clears up enough for me to make it out.

11:59

Aw, come on. Ty's idea of a sick joke to not wake me up for food. Well, fine. Won't he be happy tomorrow when all that is in the fridge tomorrow is carrots.

I inch open my door and cross to the stairs, but stop and frown when I see downstairs. Bright, orange light flickers across the entryway. A fire?

Is the house burning?

 There didn't seem to be any smoke, but I still cautiously make my way down the stairs and approach the window, afraid of what I will see.

Los Angeles is burning, not the house.

Fires burn across rooftops, and many dark figures flit back and forth in front of them. A muffled scream pushes through the window, and I hear a door crack open behind me.

"Adam?" A voice calls.

I turn and squint at the figure slowly making its way downstairs.

"Ian? What's going on?" I reply.

He comes to a stop next to me and stares outside. His eyes widen in shock.

"Mitch- and Jerome and Jason..." He says.

I turn away from the window to face him. "They never came back? They left at like five!"

He shakes his head. "I fell asleep while I was editing, just after they left and woke up a few hours ago. Texted all of 'em and got nothing back."

"Was everything on fire then?" I ask.

He creases his eyebrows. "Um, let me think. Was LA on fire? Gee, I didn't really check, to bo honest."

I run a hand nervously through my hair and push away from the window. I pace across the foyer as I speak.

"Shut up, Ian. Okay? Mitch, Jerome, and Jason are out in that, and that is a fire! Consuming an entire city!"

I throw myself down to the floor and bury my head in my hands.

"Turn on the TV." I mutter.

There is a click of a remote and urgent talking filters out through tinny speakers. I look up.

"City officials are reporting that some sort of mutant undead have been ravaging large cities all over the country. These creatures appear to be reckless, violent, and will kill. It is being advised for anyone is the following areas to lock their doors, and to stock up on emergency supplies."

The TV cuts off and Ian throws the remote down.

"Zombies. It's a freaking zombie apocalypse. Of course it's zombies."

He immediately turns and walks upstairs, still muttering to himself.

I place my head in my hands once more and just sit and listen to him wake up everyone else. Confused and tired voices respond to him, but he gives the same tired answer every time.

"Just get downstairs."

Feet thump down the stairs and I feel warm bodies settle down on the ground next to me.

"Are you okay?"

I sigh. "Peachy."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Oooooh first chapter yay.

A/N(3/20/15): Chapter edited.