Chapter 74.

Devyn

Blinking rapidly, I glance at Mrs. Day who captured a photo of Donald and I unexpectedly. I glare at her from the corner of my eyes while standing before him hiding. I have a hatred for cameras and I don't like my face in front of it. It's not really a reason to why I disappear every time a camera is near but I know I just don't like them, even if they're used for securing once in a lifetime moments. I've never even seen a handful a pictures in my growing years as a child obviously due to family issues and settlements to keep my true identity away. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's against the law to take someone's photo without permission and they're not fond of the action. Humming to myself, I think of the many ways I might sue her. I'm only seventeen but in a few months when summer hits, she's getting sent to court for sure if she doesn't burn those pictures. I don't care if I'm being dramatic or not.

"I need to see that picture." I watch as she walks away glancing up with determination in my tone.

"She said we'll get to see it later." He calmly speaks. "Why you trippin' for? It's not like she's gonna do anything bad with it. It's alright. She's just trying to make memories and stuff."

"I at least want to see what type of memories she's trying to make.. I just-" Shaking my head, I wave him off not wanting to explain myself anymore. I do that way too often and I'm still overwhelmed by what just happened. "Never mind, forget it.. I'm hungry."

Walking towards our peers grouped together with us for the trip, we make our presence known with Mrs. Day in front of us. They were almost done eating and I curse at myself for not leaving when Jayden told me to. "Oh yikes..well they're almost done eating so", scratching her head, Mrs. Day thinks to herself, "well, I'll just send them off to some attraction with one of these parents while I stay with y'all so you two can eat." She points toward the large dining area with a variety to eat.

Nodding my head, I follow in lead stepping foot into the large doorways that showers us with heat. I grin to myself removing arms from the inside of my jacket. "Thank god."

"What happened to that blanket you had?" He gently chuckles at my excitement as we finally find a place to stand in line. Bucking my eyes at him, I feel around my body only noticing I only came out the elevator with my small jacket. "Shit! I forgot Jayden's jacket in the elevator." My hands connect to my forehead. "I think it was her grandma's or something.. I think she's dead too."

"Ooo, She gon' beat your ass." He coos childishly. Arching an eyebrow, I eye him from head to toe amusingly. "Beat who? Jayden would never act that way towards me. She'll understand it was an accident."

"You lost her dead grandma's blanket in a elevator and it probably has your salty ass blood from your lips up there too. That is ass whooping worthy."

"She can't beat my ass if she doesn't find out." I wiggle my eyebrows suggesting. I place my pointer finger against the fleshy parts of my mouth that wizened with blood.

"Devyn, what? She'll know when she sees your ass jitterbugging in your knees looking like a faded Rick James." He states squinting his eyes at me. "Your hair even kind of looks like his too." He flicks my hair up with his fingers and I snatch away from him with a scolding look.

"Shut up. You got the nerve to talk about somebody when you literally look like a broke down version of Smokey Robinson." I respond bluntly while moving forward in the line backwards facing him. "And don't forget when you told me you wanted your hair fingerwaved down onto your scalp like Prince in Under the Cherry Moon." I tilt my head to the side. "You don't even have enough hair for that, you bald headed giraffe. You wanna be a pretty motherfucker so bad." I tease. "You ain't there yet, buddy." My fingers wrap around the auricle of his ear, yanking it.