¢нαρтєя σηє - ∂яєαмιηg αωαкє

"Alu! Alu!" Dr. Zoey shouted, running into my room in a rush, looking desperately around, trying to find me.

"You would have thought that you'd know where I hide..." I muttered, jumping down from the tunnel that connected all of the AMGEL's rooms, an emergency exit hidden from view that enabled us to run away if really necessary.

She looked at me, not taking any notice of my recent remark, and shouted in glee, "You're leaving! You can get out of CARESS!"

She was jumping up and down now, something that reminded me slightly of the girls in a film we watched in secret about a girl losing a slipper and finding her prince. Unreal, had been the first thought that had passed through my mind the moment we had finished the movie.

"Why, dear doctor, am I now suddenly allowed to leave?" I asked, already weighing the options of my departure, and the reasons and drawbacks that had lead them to this decision.

"Because, dear angel, HOMELUA has decided you would be a good rescue squad, especially since you've already saved countless lives," She concluded.

And killed some, I wanted to add. But it wasn't the moment.

Although I now had a ticket out of this place, I still had to make sure they weren't bluffing, that I was actually getting out of here. I needed proof, not a woman shouting in happiness that my dream was coming true. I wasn't going to let my dreams be broken that easily.

"Wow... I'll go and tell the news to the boys!" I said, the excitement I was trying to keep at bay already seeping into my body.

After a couple of minutes walking through the hallway, I finally reached the security room, a place none of us should enter, yet spent most of our days in.

As I entered, I could just make out Hanura and Mavwu trying out their wings, flapping them irregularly on the poor quality screens.

"Heya boys! Could you tell me something about leaving CARESS?"

I didn't mention it was only me, because, although Zoey had only told me, not even mentioning them, I knew that sometimes what was said wasn't always what was meant.

Or, you just want to make sure you don't go away alone.

Nodding, Elsu typed some things on the computer, while Ungeld moved the mouse in circles out of boredom, making me slap his shoulder in annoyance.

"What?"

"Shh," I shushed him, pushing him slightly as the screen changed.

The picture was from a camera in the upper level, so turning up the volume so that we could hear exactly what the agent from HOMELUA had said around half an hour ago, when he had given the news, we listened carefully.

"Yes, all three of them are allowed to come." The bearded man said.

"Okay, then. I'll let the doctors know, so that they can give the good news to all three subjects. I'm sure they'll be thrilled."

I was no longer listening.

It was true.

We were getting out of here, and unlike the usual go-on-a-mission and come back a day later, this was permanent.

"We are getting the fuck out of here!" Ungeld shouted, getting up from the chair and running into the corridor. "We are getting the fuck out of here!" He screamed, making some of the subjects staying in this area peek their head out, some telling him to shut up, others congratulating him. "We are fucking getting the fuck out of here..."