¢нαρтєя ѕєνєη - тнє ∂ιяє¢тσя

Walking inside, I realised all the windows had holes in them, but luckily the walls were made of thick brick, meaning the only things that would have to be restored would be the windows and doors, along with any damaged object.

"Okay, it's safe to come out!" I shouted, pulling the door open and peeking inside.

They both looked up, their figures visually relaxing at the sight of me.

Tell me they weren't worried about me, my inner self smirked, happy to mean something to them even though we had known each other for less than half a day.

"Everyone good?" I asked, helping Cameron up since he was nearer to me, "Do you think I could use your phone? I need to get rid of those guys outside..."

Claudia nodded, the smile she held before faint on her pale face as she took in all the damage in her sister's house.

"That's going to take a lot of explaining to do," she commented halfheartedly, trying to lighten up the mood.

I nodded, "Yeah, but didn't worry. I'll send some guys over that will restore it all,"

Watching my step, I quickly told them to go upstairs, since there wasn't such a big mess and they'd be out of the way once HOMELUA arrived.

"Hey, director? This Aluedaa speaking. I'd really appreciate it if you could come over and help me out with the guys from this morning. They somehow managed to trace me, and have destroyed a house I was currently staying in," I said in one breath, trying to avert her attention away from my escape.

"God, Alu! You always seem to get into trouble... I'm sending a couple of people over now, they'll take less than ten minutes," I could hear rapid typing in the background, so deciding not to molest her, I was about to cut the call when she continued, "by the way, we are going to have a serious talk about this morning. You have a high chance of being sent back to CARESS."

No.

I couldn't go back there.

Before I could replicate, the call had ended.

Maybe she was bluffing?

Deciding not to take any notice, I quickly went back outside, using a piece of clothing I had found in the interior of the house to cover my face in front of the people that were now peeking their head through the window, wondering what a teenage girl was doing with unconscious men, and what had happened to their neighbours house.

Not taking any notice of them, I started picking up the unconscious bodies and dropping them next to the house, making sure to disarm them from any sharp objects they could use to defend themselves once they woke up.

"Miss! What happened here?" Someone shouted from across the road.

Irritation had started appearing at the back of my mind due to the onlookers, so deciding to keep them at bay, I answered in a deathly calm voice, "Cleaning up. Should I come to your house next? I was going to do one every day, but I like these tiny fights... Makes me feel alive. Give me your address, and I'll be sure to visit there next!"

By the time I had finished my short speech, the man was running away, obviously afraid of me.

I'm not surprised... Have you seen yourself?

Looking down, I realised just how scary I must seem, especially after my speech.

My trousers were torn around the bottom, the black leggings having an irregular line at the bottom. I didn't have a shirt on, but instead had my metal chest enabled, my hair was in a massive mess, and my face was covered by a dark red cloth. Then to top it off, I was wearing combat boots, and had blood splattered all over my body, some mine from tiny cuts, and some from the people I had fought against.

I chuckled lightly, remembering the time I had even been scared of my own appearance.

"Fuck!" I screamed, a body of a small ten year old appearing before me.

Her hair was white, but her skin seemed dark, the clothes torn apart except for the shirt, that underneath some blackness shone like metal.

That's all it took for me to realise it was me staring back at me.

Before I could recall the events that followed that day, a loud scream was heard from the sky, a giant bird twirling down in circles.

"Fuck it Un! What the hell are you doing?" I shouted in exasperation once my eyes adjusted to the light and I took in the golden color of the wings.

Calculating his fall, I quickly ran towards the centre of the road, and jumping up while spreading my wings, got ready for the impact of the boy falling from the sky.

"I thought you said you had practised your landings?!" I shouted as his wellbuilt body collided with my own, making us stumble to the floor and roll over in a giant ball surrounded by metal, kind of like the one I had been in this morning, but big enough for two.

"Hey, I saw the garden. So stop moaning, at least I didn't destroy anything," he complained, getting up and brushing the dirt of his trousers, not even bothering to help me up.

"I had a bullet in my wing. I couldn't fly,"

"Yeah, yeah. Stop giving me excuses,"

I exhaled slowly, annoyance clear on my face as I glared at him, a cheeky smile appearing on his face as he winked at me.

"So what did the director say about my trip to the Mars?" I asked, referring to the fact that he was supposed to make up a story of my disappearance.

He nodded, making his face thoughtful, "she was extremely proud of such a loyal follower. She even said she'd rename the planet after you!"

I laughed at his childness, his chuckles following mine.

"Did I miss something?" Elsu suddenly appeared, making us jump.

His green wings were extended backwards, slowly becoming smaller as the atoms retreated into themselves, making themselves smaller by the second, the color disappearing into a dark green mist.

"Only Ungeld trying to get me in trouble by going to Mars," I replied, laughter still evident in my voice.

He groaned, "Not this again!"

We all laughed, recalling the events of when seven year old Ungeld had used that excuse to get me and Elsu out of practise because we had decided to sneak off and what a film, probably one of the first ones we had snuck out of the library.

A helicopter was suddenly heard, the rush of the blades creating a strong wind that made the leaves that had survived through winter fall down towards the floor..

"I guess the director really did want to have a talk with you," Ungeld commented, his brows scrunched up in worry.

Shit.