ρяσℓσgυє

The vaccination went into my small chubby neck, my body starting to feel weak almost instantly.

I cried frantically, trying to get away from the people dressed in blue as they surrounded me, a tube stuck to my left arm making some kind of liquid enter my body, my blood coming out through a narrower one next to it.

My eyes were heavy, my rapid movements becoming slow as I fell into a deep sleep, the pain my body was going through unfelt by my mind as the doctors fiddled with my DNA.

That had happened nearly sixteen years ago, when, two weeks after I was born, the scientists thought fit to operate on me, make me become an AMGEL, an Asset with Mastery over Gliding using Embodied metal Limbs.

But the thing is, my only chance of survival had been by getting these MENGS, the metal feathers attached to my back being the only reason I even have life.

My mother had died when she was only two months pregnant from a rare disease I never wanted to learn the name of, making me, a vulnerable fetus in her womb, also have a high chance of dying.

But I didn't.

I was taken out of her womb before the lack of nutrition could affect me, and placed in an incubator, or something similar to one, except, unlike the normal ones, this one made babies have higher IQs, made them stronger, quicker, smarter.

It had been my second chance at life, a second chance at living, even if in a different manner than how the usual life of a girl goes.

No princess dresses, no barbie dolls, no pink clothing.

Oh, no. Even if I did have another chance at living, the only moment it felt like my own life was when I was in a dance, spilling wine and cava on all the bad dancers I crossed paths with.

Like it or not, I was a lab rat. But, now that the experiment had worked, now that I was a success... Now I got to live my own life.

 Now I got to live my own life