¢нαρтєя ƒινє - вαℓℓ ιмρα¢т

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I screamed, hardy being able to stop myself from free falling from the amount of pain I was in.

Thinking back to previous experiences, I realised this felt similar to when I dislocated my wing, making it not able to function properly.

I knew what I had to do.

Twisting my body in a way that my arm could just about reach the center of my back, I pushed, letting out a scream of pain as I free fell to the ground, my unconsciousness counting the seconds left I had.

Come on, come on, come on!

It was much harder doing it by myself, especially since I didn't have much time left.

Five seconds until impact.

I pushed harder, trying to put my other arm around to help.

Four seconds until impact.

I let another scream leave my mouth, my eyes burning from the pain.

Three seconds.

It was in place, I had done it.

Two seconds.

I spread my wings, trying to stop the harsh impact I was about to endure.

One second.

Realising I wouldn't have time to stop, I curled into a ball, the strong metal feathers surrounding my light body in a tight manner.

Impact.

I bounced a couple of times, my brain jiggling inside my skull, giving me an immediate headache making me lose control over my pain, the agony spreading all over my body in milliseconds.

Finally, I came to a stop, so giving into my needs, I unwrapped my wings, letting them fall at my sides as I tried to regain power over my brain.

It wasn't working.

"Fuck! What the hell happened here?" A loud voice screamed, heavy footsteps running towards me.

My eyesight was becoming blurry, so taking an unsteady breath, I quickly said, my voice groggy, "Whatever you do, do not call an ambulance. Or the police. Or anyone."

I didn't even have time to hear what the answer was, my mind already drifting off into unconsciousness.

"-know what to do... I mean, she said not to call anyone, but it's been an hour!" A female voice exclaimed, worry etched in every word.

Moaning, I got up, my head spinning slightly as I took in my surroundings.

The walls were all white, except for a few darker spots that had gotten dirty over the years. The door was a pale brown, like a white canvas that had gotten dirt on it, making it slightly darker than usual. It was a bright room, I noted, the window behind me letting the midday sun shine in, most of the light falling onto the red velvet bed I was now sitting on, my blue wings spread across the mattress, leaving traces of dirt from my recent fall.

Apart from the bed, the room was quite plain, a wardrobe stuck in the corner, and the only other color being the black carpet.

"Oh, you're awake!"

A young woman appeared, no older than forty, and smiled, her brown eyes sparkling in happiness as her blond hair glided from side to side while she approached me.

She's limping, I noted while analyzing her.

Then a thought dawned on me.

"Excuse me miss, did I, for some reason, scratch you with one of my wings?" I asked, hoping for a no.

She looked dumbstruck for a second, before giving me a strange look and nodding, "Yes, but don't worry. Nothing some good old soap can't fix," her smile was back.

Fuck.

Getting agitated, I quickly got up, and running past her, "When did I scratch you? And where?" my head still spinning, I stopped pacing from side to side, and asked in defeat, "And where have you got the kitchen?"

"Are you hungry, dear? I'm sure I can cook something. What do you want?" She asked, obviously trying to stop me from worrying about her.

Her feet are turning green, I was starting to get nervous, my eyesight starting to adjust to the lighting.

Following the directions she was going in, I got to the kitchen where a boy around my age sat on a stool, "Okay. You, miss, need to sit down on the floor and show me where you got cut, and you," pointing towards the youngster, his bright blue eyes sparkling in surprise, I continued, "help me get some stuff to save her life."

Both their faces we're slightly off, probably thinking I was mad or pranking them.

"Now."

The woman instantly went to the floor, pulling down her socks to show me a tiny cut on her foot.

Trying to remember the exact recipe, I got to work, telling the black haired boy the ingredients needed.

"Get me a bowl, a spoon, flour, three eggs, and milk. Quickly."

I was already kneeling down next to the blondie, tearing some of my trousers off to pull it around her leg, just over the green skin so that it would take longer to spread.

"Here you go, " the young boy said in a hurry, clearly confused about the greenish tint in the woman's leg.

Maybe the mom? They don't look alike though.

"Thank you,"

Breaking the eggs into the bowl, I quickly picked up the yolk, making sure not to leave any yellow bits. Then I quickly added two spoonfuls of flour, and ten of milk. Using the same spoon, I quickly mixed it, my eyes flickering up every couple of seconds to see my savior and patient starting to tremble.

"Okay, now for the quick effect, you are going to have to drink this," I said, my voice full of authority.

She quickly did as I told, fear prominent on her face as she realized I wasn't bluffing. Soon enough, she had drank every single droplet there was. Deciding to make sure the poison didn't stay on the skin and re enter later on, I stuck my finger in the bowl and spread some of the semi liquid over the scratch.

"There. Now rest for a couple of days and you should be fine,"

Getting up from my kneeling position, the pain all over my body came back at full force, making me hiss as I stumbled to grab something to stay standing, my wings spreading out to try and keep me stable..

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, not wanting to stutter while answering.

Last time I had experienced pain similar to this had to have been last year, when I was being tortured.

Lucky my wings were hidden, otherwise you would probably still be there.

"I don't believe you," the boy muttered, helping the young lady up and going back into the cooking area, "but instead of going against you, I'll just invite you to lunch. Sound good?"

I was dumbstruck.

You would have thought that after having someone destroy your garden, killing loads of flowers by the way, and then making your house all dirty and nearly killing someone, that they would want you out as soon as possible.

"Well," I was about to say no, to decline and go back on the run, but then I realised I didn't have any kind of rush, no real reason not to accept the offer. Not only that, but I was definitely extremely hungry, and would need a lot of calories to get back in shape, "I would really appreciate it."