Chapter 2.

The next morning i called an emergency band practice at the art studio we rehearsed in. After Jason and Alex had both arrived we started discussing yesterday's events.

"It's so insane man!" Jason said enthusiastically, " i mean we did a cover and the band themselves watched it! And then one of the biggest celebrities at the moment gave us a shout-out and Followed us! I'd say that's a pretty successful fucking video" "And he DMed me" I added. "WHAT!? You didn't mention that!" Alex said in surprise. "Yeah he said if we're ever in the USA/Canada area he'd love to jam and even gig with us. And he said we were sounding great." "Dude that's so cool" Jason said in amazement. "Anyways, I reckon we need to build on this momentum, lets start recording some of our originals and get some shit going. But right now we should probably rehearse for our gig" "sounds cool" Alex said making his way towards all our equipment.

Pretty soon we were all geared up and jamming to some of the new originals I'd written. We hadn't posted any yet cause I didn't think they were perfect enough yet.

By the time we'd finished rehearsal it was already dark outside. Alex gave me a lift to the station and I boarded the long train ride home.

Once I had my seat on the train I checked my phone for the first time in hours to see even more new follower notifications and a couple DMs, especially one from Finn.

*On DM*

Finn:

Hey, How are you doing? -3:23PM

Finn:

I see you've got band practice, hope it goes well. You're so talented-6:18PM

Finn:

I actually just had a great idea, hit me up when you can-7:37PM

Me:

Hey, sorry I'm just on the train and its super dodgy

Me:

What's your great idea?

Finn:

Well....

Finn:

Me and some friends were wanting to go on vacation somewhere, what if we come to SA?

Me:

Holy Fuck are you serious? That'd be so rad!

Me:

Who's coming down?

Finn:

Well we still need to speak to Wyatt and Jaeden but Jack(Dylan Grazer), Sophia, Gaten and Jack, Ayla and Malcom.(my Calpurnia bandmates)

Finn:

You'll have to show us around though

Finn:

I Mean

Finn:

If that's fine with you?

Finn:

idk

Me:

I'd love to!

Me:

But you're gonna have to answer as to why you guys will be hanging out with a complete loser

Finn:

Oh its okay, everyone knows Jack's a loser

Me:

Haha funny, but I actually meant me.

Finn:

Dude I don't even really know you and I already know you're super cool

Me:

How could you possibly think that?

Finn:

Well for starters you talk to me like a normal person and I don't get that a lot.

Me:

Well i figured beneath all that curly hair and goofy smiles, there is an actual human

Finn:

Well you'd be right about that

Finn:

We'll be coming down in a month then, settled. We'll book our tickets tomorrow xx

Me:

Can't wait x

I immediately started typing a message to our band groupchat.

*on Messages*

Me:

Finn and a bunch of his friends are coming to SA next month. We get to show them around. Things are looking up guys!

I put my phone away and exited the train at the last stop. On my walk home all I could think about was the month that lay ahead of us, hoping that it would involve more music and flirting. I think I was starting to catch feelings for him. And Jade Foster Never caught feelings.