Chapter 6.

I woke up to breaking glass that night. To slamming doors and drunken yells. It was never good when he was like this.

My father, if you could even call him that, was Home drunk once again. 5th time this week.

"Shit," I thought to myself, "I haven't fixed my lock"

A few weeks prior he'd smashed the lock by breaking down the door and since then it hasn't closed properly.

Soon I heard the usual loud thud of him passing out for the night and I tried to get more sleep.

I was all ready to go meet Finn at his hotel when my father stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going...slut" the words slurred in his mouth a bit. The alcohol not completely worn off yet.
"I'm just going to band practice" I said timidly lying through my teeth.
"Without saying goodbye to your daddy? You know that's against the rules sweet pea"

By now he had a grip on my wrist and was squeezing it tight.

"I'm sorry daddy, please let go"
"Are you my little girl?"
"Yes Daddy" I said ashamedly.
"Then you can go," he said smirking, "if you still want to after this."
He raised his hand and I braced myself for what came next.

Within a minute my eye had begun to go black and swell a bit. I couldn't meet Finn looking like this!? And I had no more makeup to cover it up.

I grabbed my stuff and ran for the front door. I got on the train and headed for town. Despite knowing I now wouldn't see Finn today.

*on DM*
Finn:
Hey, have you left yet?

I wanted to see him so bad. But in the same way that he didn't want to be treated like a celebrity I was sick of being treated like a victim.

I bought some sunglasses outside the station and started walking towards Finn's hotel.

I called him when I arrived so he could come
Down and let me in.

"I like your glasses" he said calmly, "you look really nice today"
"Thank you" I said feeling my ears get hotter.

Up at his room he'd set up the best day ever. He had stacks of movies next to the DVD player, chips and popcorn and had set up the bed to be the most comfortable seating ever

At seeing my expression he started smiling his goofy little smile. "You like it? You seem like a real movie and series buff so I thought this would be nice" "I love it" I said fighting back a tear "so much"

Once I'd got into the bed, Finn put on Heathers and then Split and then Girl, Interrupted. The latter two being my favorite movies.
"Hey Finn?" I said somewhere between scenes in Girl, interrupted "Yeah?" He responded moving slightly closer on the bed.

"Do you ever watch your own work?"
"Sometimes. I've watched most of Stranger Things. Haven't watched IT though."
"Really? We should watch it!" I said jumping up and taking Girl, Interrupted out of the machine.

As the title came up I could see Finn out the corner of my eye saying something to himself
"Hey Jade?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you maybe wanna cuddle? I mean that's stupid you don't want to forget I said anythi-" but before he could finish I was leaning against his chest and he put his arm around my waist.
"Don't you wanna take off those sunglasses Jade?" He said reaching to take them off.

For a split second, amongst all the happiness with Finn, I forgot why I was wearing them and let him take it off.

"Jade..." he said hesitantly, his voice low now, "what happened? Are you okay"
Shit.
"Yeah I'm fine I... fell"
"You fell?" He said, clearly not believing me
"I'm fine. Really I am" I said interlacing my fingers with his.
"You know, if you need anything. I'm here okay?"
"Okay" I said. Unable to stop a single tear from escaping my eye.

As we watched the movie I pointed out all my favorite parts, and the anachronisms and my heart fluttered every time Richie was on screen. And Finn told stories of the inside jokes from filming and the behind the scenes shenanigans that went on.

It was a perfect day. It really was.

I fell asleep and so did Finn. We were still cuddled together, with my head on his chest and his hand holding mine.

Just before falling asleep he posted something on Instagram. I knew because my post notifications were on for him and he started blushing.

*on instagram*

Finnwolfhardofficial: Having a great time on this trip so far

Finnwolfhardofficial: Having a great time on this trip so far. Thanks for everything.

Tagged: Jade_Foster