Chapter 17

I was sitting on the bus trying to figure out the right words to say to Finn.

As the bus pulled up to the stop just a block away from Finns house I got a nervous feeling.

"Jade! It's lovely to see you again. Finns up in his room" Finns Mom said as she opened the door allowing me through.

When I got to the door I could hear voices inside.
"You're being an idiot," a voice I recognized as Nick's said, "Jade loves you and you love her. You can't throw it all away because you made a stupid mistake.

"You don't understand Nick, She'll destroy me" Finn replied

"Jade?" Nick asked

"Sasha" he said solemnly

I'd heard enough. I opened the door and watched as Finn's face morphed back into that of apology and regret.

"I'm gonna leave you two to talk" Nick said and walked out the room.

I walked over to the bed and took a seat on the opposite side to Finn.

"Jade, I-"

"Finn I need to know what's going on. I can't be left like this. If you want to end things tell me to my face I can take it. But don't pull that bullshit you did with Sasha. I thought we meant more than that."

The second I opened my mouth the words just came pouring out.

"I love you Jade. Ever since I saw you sing the first words of Yukon on that YouTube video. Ever since you came to meet us at the airport and especially since that night in my hotel where we watched movies all night. I love you, and I think I always will Jade." He was crying now. I could see he was being as honest as he possibly could be.

He was standing now and walking over to me. He reached out his hand and wiped away a tear I didn't know had escaped my eye as he pulled me into a loving kiss.

I hadn't realized how much I'd missed him until that moment. It had been far too long since I'd felt the comfort of being held in his embrace. Getting lost in those chocolate eyes once again.