Chapter 14

After spending the week in and out of the recording studio, Jason, Alex, Zack and I were super excited to be able to play in front of a crowd again, albeit the biggest crowd we'd play to yet. The bar had sold nearly 600 tickets due to everyone's growing love for Finn and by extension, Calpurnia. What his fan girls didn't know however, was that they were shit out of luck. It had been more than a month now since we'd started going out but we hadn't told the public yet.

"Finn darling, what're you wearing for the gig tonight?" I asked, once again staring into my closet hoping for ideas.

"Probably just this" he said walking into the room. He was wearing his Nirvana shirt with ripped black skinny jeans and his red beanie.

At that moment, Alex burst trough the door in perfect comedic timing. "Hey Jade what should I-  Holy shit you guys know you're wearing basically the same outfit right?" Alex laughed as we looked at each other and back at our own outfits realizing the similarities. Both ripped black jeans, both Nirvana shirts, both beanies.

"At least your beanie's black?" Finn offered giggling.

Fuck I was gonna have to change.

By the time we got to the concert for sound check people were already lined up outside.

"Babe," Finn said reaching out for my hand, "I think we should tell them today..." "Tell them what?" I responded, only half listening due to the nerves Building in my chest. "I want to tell the fans we're dating." He looked determined and like he was truly happy with this decision.
"Are you sure you want to? You might get a lot of shit for dating someone like me?" I felt uneasy. I loved Finn, I really did, but his fans thought they did too.

"I'm happy with you and they're going to be happy I'm happy." He said and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

We were on stage first, opening for Calpurnia and Pup. It was the biggest crowd we'd played to get by far and we could tell a lot of the audience was just there to see Finn. They were wearing his merch and screaming things like "marry me Finn" and "I love you Wolfhard". I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy about everything but I was more focused on giving a good performance.

When we'd finished our set the crowd cheered and I could feel that most of it was genuine.
"Okay guys I know you're all super hyped now so let's welcome onto stage our very good friends...Calpurnia!"

At this point Alex, Zack and Jason had already gone off stage and it was just me and the members of Calpurnia left. Finn took the mic and immediately started hyping up the fans with his excited but composed voice

"What's up guys" he said putting is Guitar on. "I have some news for you guys" the crowd cheered excitedly, "you all know Jade, the amazing lead singer of our fantastic Opening Band." He reaches out to get me closer to him and snaked his arm around my waist. "Well I want you guys to know that we've been dating for a little while and we're exceptionally happy together" He looked to me then and I blushed. Once I'd walked off stage their set started and they sounded incredible, better than I'd ever heard them.

After Pup had played and we were all chilling back stage security knocked on the door.

"Come In" Stefan said casually, probably assuming it was a friend of the band's.

The girl who walked through however, was no friend.