Chapter 23

"Girls Night" involved Painting our nails, watching decidedly terrible movies and playing stupid games like "truth or dare" except, without the dare part.

"Millie, truth or truth?" Sadie asked
"Gee, gonna have to pick truth there Sadie" Millie responded sarcastically
"Tough call" I chimed in.

"Okay Millie, which stranger Things character do you like the least?" Sadie asked with a smirk.

"Oh that's easy-" Millie started before getting interrupted by Sadie

"From the party" Sadie conditioned.

That was gonna be tough.

"Lucas" Millie answered quickly. We laughed and discussed it a bit before Millie suggested we head down to the pool.

Once we were down there we all got changed and jumped in the pool. I could see the girls were surprised to see just how pale my legs were, but probably a bit worried about the scars all over them.

We didn't talk about it.

Once we'd gone back up to the room Sadie and Millie decided to order room service.

"Ooh they have brownies ! And burgers! I'm getting that." Millie said excitedly.

"Oh I'm 100% getting the Oreo and fudge milkshake" Sadie added. "What about you Jade?"

"Uh I'm good actually. Don't really feel like anything" I said nervously. Hoping they wouldn't push it.

They didn't.

The next morning I woke up earlier than the others and took the elevator down to the gym in their hotel. I was determined to lose weight no matter what. I had to be prettier. I had to be skinnier. Especially if I was going to be compared to Sasha.

Once I'd finished my workout and shower I walked back up to the hotel room to meet Sadie and Millie.

"Hey, where were you? You were gone when we woke up." Millie asked slightly frightened.

"Oh I just went to have a quick workout" I said nonchalantly and sat down on the bed.

"we're meeting the boys in 20 minutes but we have to find somewhere to go. We were all gonna read lines and chill together before shooting starts tomorrow."

"Oh cool, Sadie can you message them and say we can go to my apartment? It's not big but it'll do?"

"Perfect!" She said and texted the boys.

I waited for them to get dressed and we walked downstairs to meet the boys. We all decided to just walk the five blocks between the hotel and my apartment since it would be less of a mission.

When we arrived at my apartment we were all shocked. Standing at the door, looking impatient and angry, was Sasha Holbrook.