Chapter 21

The morning Stranger Things started shooting I was there an hour and a half early. I wanted to make sure I set a good impression for my first day.

Soon enough Finn and the rest of the cast started arriving.

"Jade!" Gaten said excitedly and ran to hug me.
"Hey man! I missed you" I replied hugging him back.

"Hey babe," Finn said giving me a kiss on the cheek, "Come let me introduce you to the rest of the cast"

"Guys this is my girlfriend Jade, Jade this is Millie, Caleb, Noah, Sadie and you already know Gaten." I said hi to everyone and we made our way to the reading room. We wouldn't be filming for another week or so.

When we got there each seat had been placed in front of a name tag of our character and a script.

I walked around to find my seat until I eventually found the name tag "Violet West" and sat down. Sadie was next to me and so was Finn.

"Hey," Sadie said as she sat down "You excited?"

"Yeah of course!" I responded "oh by the way, I thought you were amazing in Glass Castle. Seriously good job"

I could see how much that meant to her when I said it. She said thanks and we started reading through our scripts.

The Duffer Brothers soon arrived along with the rest of the cast (David Harbour, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Joe Keery and Wynona Rider)

"Okay Guys little bit of context for this season," Matt said "first off a huge welcome to Jade our newest member of the cast. So Jade is going to be playing Violet West. She's new in town comes from New York City. Our plan with her is that she becomes really close friends with Max at first because they both skate and play video games and then she meets the rest of the gang. Romantically she'll be interested in either Dustin or Will we haven't really figured it out. Any questions so far?"

We were all quiet, trying to focus on where our characters would be for the upcoming season.

After the reading we were all ecstatic.

"I'm so excited for you to join Jade" Sadie said as we walked out of the room. "Hey I was thinking about going skating to practice before we start shooting, you wanna join?"
"Yeah awesome!" I said

"Hey Jade, wait up!" I heard Millie exclaim as I was exiting the building. "I wanted to add you to our group chat. Can you add your number here?" "Yeah sure" I put my number in her phone and set off to look for Finn.

"Hey babe, wanna go out for lunch?" Finn asked once I'd found him
"Uh Im not hungry" I said quickly.
"What do you mean you're not hungry you haven't eaten all day?" Worry was evident in his voice as he asked.
"Anyways I wanna practice my lines. Wanna come over? We can do it together?" I suggested
"Yeah sure"

We spent the rest of the night reading lines and practicing scenes for the show. The more time I spent with him the more I realized just how much I really loved him. I hope I was worth him feeling the same...