Chapter 8

At the aquarium various members of the Group got pulled aside for pictures or recognized but surprisingly so did I. Someone even asked for a photo with me.

Throughout the day Finn was acting strange. The previously cheery and excitable boy was now being really quiet and distant.

"Guys I'm so hungry I could eat a plane. Can we grab a bite?" Jack DG said enthusiastically.
"Yeah sure I know a place" I said leading the group. Finn however, didn't react at all until I took his hand and led him with the group.

"Hey Jade?" He whispered in my ear shakily.
"Yeah Finn? I whispered back. Not understanding why he didn't just ask me something instead of always getting my attention first.
"Will you stay at the hotel again tonight? You don't have to stay with me if you don't want to, you can stay with the girls" he said shakily
"I'd love to stay with you Finn" I said staring into his eyes

Throughout lunch Finn's mood seemed to pick up again as he started making silly jokes and filming the rest of the gang mess around. We ended up walking to a nearby park to chill for a bit when Jack decided to start doing weird characters.

"What's up guys Logan right here and today I'm gonna be showing you how to hack" he said so fast barely anyone understood. Finn whipped out his camera just in time and managed to catch it on video.

"Dude that's so fucking funny" Jaeden said
"Yeah dude, you should post it!" Wyatt concurred.

I pulled my phone out to check if the band had texted at all when I saw that Finn had posted something new

Finnwolfhardofficial: Thanks @jade_foster for taking nice pictures of me
Tagged: jade_foster

"Aw cute you posted the picture I took!" I said to Finn excitedly.
"Yeah it was a great picture, besides I need more of you on my feed" his mouth spread into a goofy smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

On our way back to the hotel we all decided to go to Jaeden and Wyatt's room to play XBox. "You played before Jade?" Jaeden asked as we got to the room
"Fuck yeah dude. I play more on PC but even us cool kids start as peasants at some point" I said just to piss him off.

Gamers have always been elitist about what console you play on. The general hierarchy being

PC
PlayStation/Xbox
Wii

"Wow okay I see" Jaeden said in mock hurt.
"It's okay" Finn said wrapping his arm around my waist "I'm with Jade on this one"
I was surprised by this sudden gesture but I definitely wasn't unhappy about it.
"Of course you agree with her," Jack A said "I mean look at you two!"

We stayed up all night playing a mix of Call of Duty (which Wyatt usually won), MarioKart(which was usually down to me or the Jacks) and Guitar Hero( Where Finn and I ended up with a tie every single round.)

Nobody asked about the glasses and Finn didn't push the topic any further, but I could tell he was still worrying about it.

I fell asleep wrapped once again in his kind embrace. Hoping that those kind of moments wouldn't pass.