Chapter 24

"What do you want?" Sadie demanded of Sasha. She was trying to be protective but I could see it was uncomfortable for her.

"I was told you would be reading lines here and since I've just been sent the script for our scene the Duffers said I must come read with you" she rolled her eyes as she spoke, as if it was laboring for her to explain her presence in such a bizarre interaction.

"We don't want you here at Jades apartment Sasha." Noah said calmly. He was always the best at conflict resolution and generally tried to help a situation before it became too heated.

"It's not worth it guys," I said blandly, "I don't feel like arguing. Let's just practice the scenes so she can leave."

With the exception of Finn and Sadie, no one in the cast had seen my apartment yet and I was met with many compliments upon letting everyone in.

"It's so... quaint" Sasha said, a sneer of condescension evident.

Mid way through practicing Gaten and Caleb started to get fidgety.

"What's Up Guys?" Finn asked, getting distracted by the boys constant movement.

"I'm just getting super hungry, have you got any food Jade?" Caleb asked.

"Uhh..." fuck, I knew I couldn't admit to them that I hadn't been keeping food in the house. But what else was there to do? " I actually don't have anything right now. Tomorrow's my shopping day... but we can order something I suppose?"

The suggestion was met with a chorus of agreement and the decision was made to get Chinese Food.

"What're you getting Jade?" Millie asked jotting down the orders.

"Just a bottle of water for me thanks" I responded casually.

"A bottle of water? For dinner? You haven't eaten anything today are you okay?" Sadie asked hesitantly.

Before I could respond with another excuse, Sasha Holbrook in her infinite wisdom. Had to jump in with another inappropriate remark.

"Of course she is. She's getting fatter as it is anyway."

That was it.

Sadie, calm, gentle, forgiving Sadie, launched herself at Sasha pushing her out the front door and slamming it behind her.

"Please tell me you don't believe her?" Finn asked earnestly. " because truly Jade, I don't think I've ever met someone as genuinely beautiful as you..."

Before he could finish I had left the room.

Sasha was right.

No matter how many times I tried to deny it or avoid it.

No matter how many compliments I received.

I would never be skinny enough, never pretty enough, never smart enough.

Never. Enough.

I fell back into old habits that night. Habits I didn't want to go back to but couldn't help myself.

I'm sorry Finn...

A/N: Thanks for 400 reads