Chapter 9

The night of our first gig I was a wreck. Not only was a terrified with it being our first time performing as a band, but I desperately wanted Finn to like our music. Especially the originals I'd been working on.

After soundcheck and everything The band and I were sitting at the bar killing time when Finn arrived, closely followed by the rest of the gang.

"Didn't think we'd miss it did you?" Finn said smirking, obviously in response to my surprised expression. "Yeah dude you guys are my favorite band!" Jack DG said excitedly. "Same" "Same" "Same" Jaeden, Sophia and Wyatt agreed. "Hey should we be offended?" Jack A mused jokingly. "Nah it's cool I like them more than us too" said Ayla in agreement. "Well I," Gaten said with gusto "Love you both and am here for the food, waiter could I please order a plate of chili cheese fries" he said getting distracted mid sentence.

"I can't believe you guys came! Shot man" Jason said giving Finn a bro-handshake thing. "Yeah dude it's rad. Hey meet out new bassist Zack" Alex said introducing him. "Hey !" Zack sounded nervous which was highly unusual as we usually couldn't get him to shut up. "Ah sick are you playing bass tonight?" Jack A asked excitedly. "Nah, I'm quite new. They've got a session musician in for us tonight" "cool cool" Finn said calmly.

By the time the gig actually started two hours later, we were full of adrenaline and excitement. "Okay guys remember the setlist and remember the timing. We gonna be okay right?" I said looking for some reassurance. "We're gonna kill it!" Alex said excitedly and we head off for the stage.

The blur of the lights mixed with the cheers of Jack and Gaten made the performance feel even more electric.

I could see only lights but I could feel Finn's eyes on me as I sung my heart out to our tracks.

Finn's POV:

I swear, i have never in my life seen someone as Beautiful as Jade looked in that moment. The raw electricity of the staging pulsing through her grungey voice and the profound lyrics I could only hope would relate to me one day.

I have to tell her how I feel. It's the only choice. I care about her too much to let her go. And with that record deal they signed she'll have TONS of guys wanting to get with her. I have to tell her. And soon.

A/N: That is the only time I will do a POV switch cause I feel like it makes the story too disjointed but I want to get in his head for the reader while he's realizing his true feelings.