Family

"Thanks for coming, honey." Mrs. Roberts said hugging me tightly as I walked into Drew's hospital room. I hugged her back. "No problem, I love seeing Drew," I replied, forcing a smile onto my face. I was planning on coming with Ty, but he had to work. I crouched down next to Drew's bed and hugged him. A slow smile crept onto his face. "Hey baby girl," he said softly. I grinned. Cancer or not, Drew still called me Baby Girl. I kissed his cheek quickly and smiled again. "Hey Drews, how are you feeling?" I asked. He groaned and rolled his eyes. "If I have to answer that fucking answer one more fucking time, I will fucking shove-" he stopped when he saw his mom watching us, and I giggled, and patted his arm. "Would you like me to check your IV, dear?" I asked in a sweet voice. He glared at me, making me laugh harder. Finally Mrs. Roberts stood up. "I'm going to make a call," she said before heading out. I climbed onto Drew's bed and snuggled against him. "I'm worried about you, Drews," I said softly against his chest. I felt his deep sigh against my face, and I bit my lip. "Brooklyn, the doctors are smart, I'll get treatments, and then we'll be off to college together," I could hear the disbelief in his voice, but I didn't say anything. "I feel like everything is going way too fast. I wish it would all just stop, or, at least slow down, until it comes to a complete stop," I say softly. Drew ran his hand over my hair smoothing it down. Finally, after a deep breath, he spoke. "I'm going to die Brooks, I don't know when, but I am. There's nothing they can do," I shook my head as the tears fell. "Drew stop you're not going to-" he cut me off. "No, I know I am, and you know it too, you just don't want to admit it yet." I shivered and swallowed hard. "I don't want to lose you, Drew. How can I look at you and tell you that you're going to die?" I asked, my tears coming faster now. Drew sighed and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me tighter against him. "Brooklyn. Wherever I am, or whatever happens to me, I'll always be thinking of you, and the time we spent together. And I'd do it all over again if I had the choice. No second thoughts, and no regrets," he said gently. I could hear the emotion in his voice and a sob escaped me. I gripped the sheets and took a deep breath. "Drew my body literally aches at the thought of losing you." I explained. Drew nodded against my head, and sighed. "I love you so much, Brooklyn. It's not everyday that you can find a girl that will put up with your bullshit, you know." I giggled, and rolled my eyes, wiping away my tears. "I love you too, and you're right, I do have to put up with your bullshit," I teased. Drew was silent, and I looked over at him, his eyes were drooping. Before I could say anything, the door opened, and Ty walked in. His eyes were red and puffy. I looked at Drew again before climbing out of the bed. I pulled his blankets up, kissed his cheek, and walked to Tyler's side.