Freak Out

Drew hung up and I swallowed hard. My vision blurred for a few moments, and I felt myself falling to my knees. "Tyler!" I screamed. I closed my eyes, beggin the voice of my best friend's voice to get out of my head. I felt someone grip my arms and pull me up. Looking up, I saw it was Austin, and I sagged against him. He wrapped his arms around me while I took deep breaths. When I finally pulled away, his eyes were filled with concern. "Brooklyn, what's going-." I cut him off quickly. "We have to go!" I yelled. Austin bit his lip and shook his head, I pulled away and grabbed my jacket. Before I could get it on, someone wrapped their arms around my waist. I screamed and spun around to see Sam was holding me. "Brook, calm down." he said gently. I was getting mad now and I shook my head urgently. "We have to go! Sam please, I have to get to New York!" I cried. Sam pressed my face into his chest, and together we sank to the floor. Leaning into him for support, he wrapped his arms around me. I gasped for breath as he tried to calm me down. Finally, after he whispered his strength into my ear, I was able to speak without yelling. "That was Drew, Sams. He said that today might be the last day," I whispered. Sam's eyes grew wet, and he pulled me into him tighter. We cried softly together, and he swallowed. "Brooks," he said slowly, "why don't we forget about this party and go home." I shook my head at his suggestion, knowing there was no way I could get home. "Sometimes Sam's, home isn't four walls. It's two eyes and a heartbeat." I whispered.

20 minutes later, the call came. Drew was fine. Sagging against Austin, I closed my eyes. He wrapped an arm around me and Lauren squeezed my hand. "He's okay," she whispered, "Drew's okay." I pulled away and looked at Tyler, noticing he was smiling through his tears. I stood up and hurried into his arms. He kissed my hair, and I pressed tighter against him. "I was so scared," I admitted softly. He laughed and I smiled against his chest. "Trust me Brooklyn, I was scared too." I kissed him before sitting back down by Austin. He grinned at me and kissed my cheek gently. "He's lucky you know," he said after a minute. I was confused and I looked up at him. "Drew," he explained. "He's lucky that he has a friend like you." I blushed and laid my head against his shoulder. Before I closed my eyes, I smiled. "He's not the lucky one, Austin." I whispered. "I'm the lucky one. I am so damn lucky."

                      It was 1:00 in the morning when everyone left. Sam had left around 10:00, because he had to get up early to drive here. Ty and I worked in silence to pick up the plates and trash. Once we were done, he hugged me. I sighed contently, and laid my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Do you want me to drive you home?" he asked softly. I yawned and shook my head. "I think I'll just sleep in Drew's room," I replied slowly. He laughed and kissed my head. "It wouldn't be the first time," he mumbled. I grinned. Ty was right it wouldn't be the first time. I'd had countless sleepovers with Drew before. His bed was like my second home honestly. I laughed and headed towards the stairs. When I was halfway up, I realized Ty wasn't following me. "Are you coming?" I asked turning around. He nodded. "I just have to turn the lights off, and stuff. I'll say goodnight in a few," he replied. I nodded and hurried to Drew's room. After stripping down to my bra and underwear, I slid one of Drew's sweatshirts on and buried myself under the covers. Inhaling his scent, I grabbed my phone, and texted Drew. 

Me: hey Drews ru still up??

To my surprise, he replied almost immediately.

Drew: hey! And yeah, I'm still up. Sorry about earlier btw, r u okay?

I almost laughed at that. Drew most definitely knew I wasn't okay.

Me: nvm about that. Whats going on with u??? Ru coming home soon?

Drew: I wish, apparently after tonight I earned another week in the hospital😒

I laughed and stretched my legs out on the bed. Before I could reply, the door opened, and Ty came in. "How are you doing?" he asked softly. I smiled and shrugged. "Good I guess. I'm talking to Drew right now." I explained, holding my phone up. He nodded and smiled at me quickly. "I think I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm tired, and stressed." he said slowly. I nodded and waited until he hugged me before kissing him. "I love you," I whispered as he walked away, he grinned and paused in the doorway, turning around. "What's not to love?"