Chapter 26

March 23, 10:30am. 9 years ago.

Sehun's POV

"Shoot! I didn't get to study for the test!" I heard Gayoung exclaimed while she's eating lunch with Hana and a few of our classmates. Her voice was too loud for a conversation between her and her group.

Of course I looked at their side of the classroom. "Test? What test?" Seoyeon then asked with her eyes as shocked as Gayoung's.

"Math!" Gayoung answered, covering her face. "How come I forgot to study?!" she continued shouting.

"Don't worry, I made a reviewer last night, you can borrow it." Hana suddenly spoke as she grabbed her backpack. Her voice was softer than Gayoung and Seoyeon, I'm surprised I still heard it from the opposite side of the room.

"Jinjja~?! You won't need it?" Gayoung asked.

"I already studied." Hana responded as she gave her notebook to Gayoung with a warm smile.

"Oh! Thank you! Thank you very much, Hana-ssi!" Gayoung held onto Hana's notebook with desperation, scared to fail the test I believe.

"Yah! You're so lucky to have Hana-ssi. What would you do without her?" Seoyeon poked Gayoung's head.

Then I heard a giggle. One precious giggle from Hana herself. How can my ears hear such a soft, innocent, little giggle? "It's okay." I heard her spoke.

At that very moment, something interrupted my little silence. I almost jumped from my seat when Jaewon clapped loudly near my ear.  "What's your problem?" I asked him.

He was smirking, but he's holding his laughter at the same time. "You can't stop staring at her, don't you think it's a bit creepy?"

"What?

"Dude, you're like her creepy stalker." he sat down with the backrest of his chair facing me.

"I wasn't staring." I said.

"Lie all you want, it's obvious."

"What's obvious?"

"It's obvious that you have crush on Hana. You're just as dense as her, I expected so much from you. I'm so disappointed.." he placed his arms on top of the backrest.

"Crush? Seriously, what are we? Freshmen?" I tried laughing it off.

"Okay, let me change those terms for you. You. like. Hana. Satisfied?"

I didn't know why I stayed silent. I just couldn't answer, what should I say? That I don't like her? Call me a liar if I say I don't find Hana attractive, but I couldn't really say that...

...'I like her.'

"See, you're speechless." his voice woke up my senses.

"That doesn't mean what you said is actually true."

"Silence means yes, brotha. Why don't you try asking her out? Are you scared of being rejected?" he asked and I didn't realize how offended I was with the word 'rejected'. It sounds like something that could stab me in the heart and scar me for days.  "No, what the heck are you saying?" I asked the moment he finished his sentence.

"So you don't want to ask her out?"

"N-No. It's not like that—" I stopped when he raised his eyebrows at me. I stared at him directly in the eye to...prove.. what? That what he was saying is wrong?

Only a week had passed since school started, and I think it's too early to say something about what I 'feel' for Hana. I'm sure liking her is normal, I mean look at her. She's probably the prettiest one here in my class, or maybe in our entire batch. She's one of the smartest here, though we just came back to school, she already proved to us that she's hard to beat when it comes to academics.