Unraveled words like moths upon old scarves

Ryan stared at himself in the mirror of the tuxedo shop. A white tux with a peach tie and button up shirt. He looked good, he knew that's what he wanted to get married in but he wasn't sure if he wanted to marry Brendon. He lifted his hand to look at his ring and he while he loved the ring, the tux and the idea of getting married, he still couldn't shake the worries he had for being married to a cheater. He knew Brendon would never do it again but it didn't change the fact that he did it.
It had been over two months now that they got engaged and he'd hoped the thoughts would have gone by now. Of course he hadn't told Brendon of them because it would hurt Brendon and he figured Brendon had suffered enough, this was Ryan's problem.
"Ryan? Are you okay?" Danielle asked knocking on the door.
"Yeah...be out in a sec" Ryan assured her before opening the door of the dressing room and going out. Danielle let out a huge gasp at the sight of her son.
"Ryan! You're so handsome. You have to get married in this" she begged. Ryan wondered if he was even going to get married at this point.
"You like it?" Ryan asked spinning around.
"Yes! It's gorgeous. We're getting it" she stated. "Now go change before you ruin it"
Ryan let out a sigh before going back into the dressing room to change into his clothes.

When Ryan drove back to the apartment he saw Grace and Boyd getting out of their car and he became confused because he knew Brendon was at work. He parked and got out to meet them.
"Ryan, hey." Boyd smiled at him.
"We have something to ask you." Grace added. "We know what Brendon did to you and we are so sorry he hurt you like this but we are excited that you agreed to marry him but we'd like if you proposed back?"
"With this" Boyd pulled out a ring from a black velvet box. "It was his grandfathers wedding ring. He always said how'd he love to wear it one day when he found the right person."
"I Uh...how would I even go about that? We're already getting married?" Ryan questioned.
"We know we just want him to have the same thing. He deserves to be proposed to. His birthday is coming up, you should do it then." Grace told him.
"Uh, Yeah. I'll do it." Ryan nodded taking the ring in his hand. He wasn't sure how he would go about asking Brendon, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to do it. He still wasn't sure if he would be marrying Brendon.
Ryan shoved the ring in his pocket and went upstairs to his room. He set his stuff down and went to easel to do what he had been doing every day when he got home from work, paint.
He remembered how his paintings use to be all centered on Brendon but now they were vetted toward pain and hurt. His current painting was one of a city being destroyed by a flood. He thought it represented how his thoughts were flooded with confusion.

20 minutes into finishing the painting Brendon came home, of course Ryan didn't hear it because he has his headphones in blasting whatever song came on shuffle next.
Brendon saw Ryan in the room painting and he avoided saying a word to him because he knew Brendon knew Ryan didn't like to be distracted during his painting sessions. Instead he sat at the couch and began writing a song. That was something he began to do after getting signed to Fueled by Ramen.
He had half a song done now and it seemed he could finish writing soon, he would have to take it to the studio to get music put down which was also half done.
"If all our life is a but a dream, fantastic posing greed, than we should feed our jewelry to the see. For diamonds do appear to be, just like broken glass to me. And then she said she can't believe, genius only comes along in storms of fabled foreign tongues. Tripping eyes and flooded lungs. Northern downpour sends its love. Hey moon, please forget to fall down, Hey moon don't you go down. Sugarcane and the easy morning. Weather vanes my one and lonely." Brendon sang. "The ink is running toward the page. It's chasin off the days, look back at both feet and that winding knee. I missed your skin when you were east. You clicked your heels and wished for me"
Brendon wasn't aware of it now but Ryan and finished to painting and came in to listen to Brendon sing because it was so beautiful to listen to. Ryan closed his eyes to listen. "Through playful lips made of yarn, that fragile Capricorn, unraveled words like moths upon on scarves. I know the worlds a broken bone but melt your headaches call it home"
Brendon finished the line and set the paper down, now wondering what to write next. Ryan opened his eyes and saw Brendon at work.
"That was beautiful Brendon" Ryan smiled at him. Brendon looked up with a blush.
"You were listening?" Brendon asked and Ryan nodded.
"Can I help?" Ryan asked coming in to sit down. Brendon nodded and handed the paper to Ryan.
"I've been working on this song for a week now. I can't get passed this part." Brendon admitted.
"Hmm" Ryan pondered reading the words. "How about...hmm" he looked over it.
"I know the worlds a broken bone but melt your headaches call it home. Hey moon please forget to fall down, Hey moon don't you go down. Sugarcane and the easy morning. Weather vanes, my one and lonely." Ryan sang and then looked up at Brendon. Then they both sang that line again a few times.
"I like that." Brendon smiled. "But I need someone to end this with."
"Let me think." Ryan told him. "Hey moon please forget to fall down, Hey moon don't you go down." Ryan sang again and then started thinking. "You....you...are...You are" Ryan tried.
"You are...at the top of my lungs." Brendon put in.
"Drawn to the ones who never yawn" Ryan finished and they both smiled.
"You should sing with me!" Brendon offered and Ryan stood up.
"Uh no. I don't think I could" Ryan shook his head.
"Come on, it will sound so good. Please, just for this song" he begged. "It would mean a lot to me"
"Mmm Fine. For you" Ryan sighed.
"Yay!" Brendon shouted and stood up to give Brendon a hug.

Ryan and Brendon went in the next day so Brendon could get the music done and sing it together.
Brendon finished the music pretty quickly and then they sang the track in perfect harmony and at that point Ryan knew this was the perfect moment to propose to Brendon. It wasn't his birthday but it just felt right. As soon as they said cut Ryan turned to Brendon with a smile.
"Brendon I love you so much and...it's only fair that you get asked this question. Not just me." Ryan pulled the ring out of his pocket and got on one knee. "Will you also marry me?" He asked and Brendon gasped.
"Is that my grandfathers ring?" He asked. "I mean...yes! Of course Ryan." Brendon laughed. Ryan laughed with him and then slid the ring on his finger. He stood up and gave Brendon a kiss. Everyone cheered for the two.
Ryan was sure now that he wanted to marry Brendon. He wanted nothing more than to be with him and walk down the aisle to become his husband.
Brendon called his parents on his way home to tell them the news.