27

The day was finally here.

Evan was up and ready for the day before either Connor or Jared woke up. A glance at the clock told him it was only 7 in the morning, which was fair considering their eventful night.

He suck out and bought coffee for the three of them and came back to find them both still sleeping.

Becoming impatient, Evan shook Connor's shoulder gently to wake him up.

"Come on, Con, today's the day," he said softly, grinning at the thought again.

Connor groaned and rolled onto his back to sit up more easily. He opened his mouth to say something, then scooted back down and pulled the covers over himself again.

"I'm going back to sleep," he mumbled, closing his eyes.

Evan sighed and began physically pulling Connor off of the bed.

"I can't sleep, so you can't sleep. You haven't even packed anything yet and you're moving out of your apartment today."

"I don't own anything," Connor defended, trying to fight Evan but failing as he was dragged onto the floor.

"Yes you do. Come on, let's go pack," Evan insisted.

"You can't come with me," Connor protested, sitting up on the ground as Evan stepped back and offered a hand to help him to his feet.

"Why not?"

"We can't risk James seeing you. He was stalking me before and if he finds out I've been talking to you, he'll kill both of us. Maybe literally," Connor explained, frowning at Evan.

"Oh, jeez..." Evan frowned too. "Well, hurry and go pack, then! Do you need something to put stuff in? You can use my suitcase, I'll just fit as much stuff as I need into my backpack. I mean, I still have clothes and everything at home, so I should be fine."

"Ev," Connor stopped him and gestured towards the desk, where a cardboard cupholder held three beverages. "Did you get coffee?"

"Oh, yeah," Evan confirmed, grabbing the plain black coffee to hand to him. "Now go get packing."

Laughing at his antics, Connor took a long sip from the cup before Evan shoved his suitcase into his arms and ushered him out.

Connor finished the drink on his walk hone, daydreaming about what Heidi might be like and how he expected Evan's childhood home to look. He made it to his apartment and found another note taped to the door.

Pushing his way inside, he locked the door behind himself and opened the note, curious about it since James hadn't contacted him since their fight.

Connie,

Im so sorry 4 hurting u. I didnt mean 2 get so worked up. I hope u can 4give me & come back to slutting around for money. I kno its what u want. I wont hurt u again.

Scoffing at the poor grammar and the weak attempt at apologising, Connor crumpled the paper and tossed it into the trash.

He set down the suitcase and opened it up to start stuffing all of his belongings inside. It took nearly an hour to organise things so that he could fit all of his clothes and sketchbooks and his box full of saved money, as well as the rest of the random items around his flat, in the suitcase so it would close. He ended up putting some of his things in his messenger bag that he always carried, then he was ready.

The apartment was as empty as he could leave it. His lease was over at the end of the month and he was ready to start anew in a different town.

He carried the bags outside and shut the door, not bothering to lock it this time. In fact, he had left the keys on the kitchen counter for his landlord.