11

Alyssa

She keeps on looking at the door every time it will swung open hoping that it is that person she is waiting.

She's on the same bar where she and Mika used to meet this past few weeks. She is not sure if she will come because the confirmation Mika told wasn't there and it's already an hour passed with the time she gave her.

Nahihilo na din sya dahil medyo madami ng bote ang naubos nya. Kinakabahan sya at she thought maybe, alcohol could bring out her courage to speak. Pero mukhang hindi nya magagamit ang courage na yun ngayon dahil wala pa ang taong pagsasabihan nya.

Suddenly her phone vibrates. She immediately took it from her pocket and read the message.

From: Future Babe

Alyssa, late na natapos yung training dahil sa finals and my family is here in my condo and i just can't leave yet. If you could wait a little longer. I'm sorry.

Nakahinga sya ng maluwag dahil sa nabasa. Atleast hindi sya planong indianin ni Mika.

To: Future Babe
It's fine. I will wait for you. Ingat.

Kailangan na talaga nyang makausap si Mika para linawin ang lahat. Kahit sya man ay lubos na naguguluhan sa nangyayari sa kanya.

She is straight as far as she could remember. She never had a romantic feelings for a girl before. Crush, yes. But it is mainly because they are good at something that she loves doing like singing, dancing and volleyball.

She is also worried about Mika's reaction. Mika might think that she's insane or might stay away from her but at least she will try.

Scaring Mika away is her greatest fear. Given the fact that they are both girls and having been in a recent break up.

And most of all, alam nyang ang bilis ng mga pangyayari. They have known each other for so long but in a casual way. The closest they were before were seatmates and acquaintances for Pete's sake.

So confessing is something totally strange for her.

What if Mika hates me? that is inevitable. Given all the circumstances, there is a huge percentage that Mika will get mad at her.

She also consulted Den with this. Tulad nya ay pareho lang sila ng mga kinakatakutang mangyari dahil hindi biro ang kanyang gagawin. Malaking iskandalo sa Volleyball Community. Den also suggested to just let go of the deal dahil nagbibiro lang naman daw talaga ito para libangin sya.

But like what she told Mika, it is too late for her.

She tried forgetting everything that has to do with Mika. But since that night when she made a deal to Den, hindi na maalis sa isip nya ang mukha ng dalaga. Even in her dreams she is there. Ito rin ang nagtulak sa kanya upang makipag-usap. Para malaman nya kung anong totoong nararamdaman nya para dito.

Marahil din ay nadadala lang sya dahil sa sitwasyon nya.

She is broken. She is in need of fixing. Someone na magpapaalala sa kanya kung paano ang magmahal at mahalin. Yung papahalagahan sya at hindi itetake for granted.

Hindi mo naman ginagawang panakip-butas si Mika?? Her mind asks her. She is sure she is not looking at Mika that way.

The way she felt when she held her hand says otherwise. The intensity of the sparks that she felt was not as strong when she is holding Kiefer's hand nor when he is kissing her.

It is more. It's like her heart beats for the first time reminding herself that she is alive.

It's real.