Chapter 15

A couple things before I begin this chapter
If you missed it, chapter 14 got published, but it somehow published before the Mike Faist Masterclass chapter?? So if you missed it because of the layout, it is there 😙
ALSO, the photo is me as deer Evan Hansen LMFAO
ENJOY

trigger warnings ~ Which I often forget to put because I automatically assume trigger warnings with DEH fanfictions. I feel really bad for doing that so I'll start putting them in

I feel myself to slowly wake up, but I instantly pull the warm covers closer but want to rest longer. I snuggle deep into my pillow before looking up and realizing my pillow is Connor.

Now I'm more awake because he wasn't here when I went to bed? Okay?? I decide that sleep is more important and curl back into him. I feel the corners of my mouth tug up into a small smile. Being fully content with him, but also concerned. He would have to tell me why he snuck in later.

~2 hours later~

I feel Connor move around underneath me and wake up. I kiss his cheek lightly and look at him. "Hey babe, this was a surprise visit." I laughed and bopped his nose lightly. He frowned at it and pressed his body further into his pillow, trying to hide his face.

" Babe, is everything okay?" When I went back to bed, I had nightmares about why Connor is here unexpectedly. Was he kicked out? Was he in danger? What is going on with my boyfriend?

" I don't want to talk about it right now. Not awake enough. I'm going to make me a coffee. Want a tea or something?" Before I could even respond he mumbles under his breath, " of course you want tea, it's leaf water." And he slowly made his way down the stairs.

I grabbed my cell phone and checked to see if I had any concerned phone calls from Zoe or Connors parents. There wasn't anything. Maybe he told them he was coming here.

I decided to text Zoe, "Hey Zo! Did anything happen last night with Connor? Just concerned is all. I'm sure I'll find out soon. Just in case you're wondering, he's here. Bye!"

I sent the message off and decided I should join Connor downstairs for breakfast. When I try to find him in the kitchen, he's gone but my tea is on the counter. I check around everywhere but can't find him. I go to check if his car is still here and see him sitting on my front porch step.

He's sitting by himself, staring longingly across the street at the park. He has a cigarette in one hand, and his coffee in the other. I stare at the cigarette but know that no matter how hard I stare, I won't make him stop smoking.

We sit in silence for a while. I didn't want to pry. I know that when he gets like this, not to pry and force things out of him. I sip on my tea and him on his coffee as the park slowly starts to fill with kids because it's a beautiful Saturday morning.

"Thanks for the hot leaf water." I laugh. I love when he calls it that. It always can make me laugh and it's just our new way of talking about tea.

He just looked towards me and half smiled before looking down and finishing off the last of his cigarette. "Let's go in." Was all he said before we awkwardly made our way into my house. I stared at him as he walked in. I have a sinking feeling in my gut that I know what is about to happen. 

"Evan, I need to talk to you." Was the first thing he said before he patted the couch seat next to him. I felt my whole face go red as I tried to hold back tears. I knew that he was going to break up with me. "I'm so sorry." He whispered and stared down at his feet.